NA Sales Accounting Manager
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Remote, but needs to travel once a quarter.Job Summary:The
purpose of this position is to effectively manage, control and
account for revenue and expenses within Net Sales (US business
unit): Gross Sales (Revenue Recognition), Trade Promotions, Returns
Discounts and Allowances (RDA's), and some areas of Direct
Marketing Expenses (DME). Primary responsibilities include
accurately matching the timing of expense with the associated sales
shipments, establishing multiple judgmental reserve components (in
accordance with GAAP) to ensure proper coverage of future
liabilities, overseeing the accounting/ reporting function, and
maintaining a sound internal control environment. Create and
implement new processes to report against the constantly changing
environment and develop analytical models to assess the status of
reserves and communicate results/reserve status to Senior
Management, external auditors and various internal departments on a
regular basis. This position is also responsible for the
development and communication of various accounting policies and
procedures related to activity within Net Sales. This position also
manages payments and validations for non-deduction trade promotion
expenditures for the US business unit.Major
Duties/Responsibilities:Accounting/ Control -
- Coordinate the timely and accurate execution of the monthly
close process as it relates to trade promotions and RDA's.
- Responsibilities to achieve this objective include monitoring
financial systems, analyzing sales and expenseactivity, awareness
of the impacts of inter-connected systems/processes and current
knowledge of all relevant regulatory guidance.
- Establish necessary analysis and reporting to identify and
recommend reserve adjustments to Senior Financial Management and
- Assist with month end variance explanations to management.
- Partner with Sales Finance to maintain a current knowledge of
customer trends and ensure that financial results accurately
reflect any changes.
- Assist in the development, maintenance and communication of
financial and internal control policies/ procedures.
- Support The Hershey Company's implementation of S4 in the realm
of trade and RD&A accounting.Financial Analysis & Reporting -
- Leverage various systems (i.e. SAP, TPM, etc) to implement
specific program and category analysis required to support accruals
and reserve adjustments.
- Proactively initiate value-added financial and business related
analysis throughout the month.
- Provide management with various month end reporting reflecting
trends in sales, trade, RDA's, and DME's.Manage Trade Promotion
payments and compliance
- Manage and oversee the processing of non deduction trade
- Develop, oversee and communicate compliance reviews within all
areas of Net Sales to ensure policies and procedures are followed
and relevant.Develop Team and Bench Strength -
- Coach, manage and develop staff to ensure role expectations are
clear and understood.
- Explore opportunities for team members to assist in projects
which will provide them with exposure to career
opportunities.Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to
successfully perform major duties/responsiblities:
- Strong proficiency in US GAAP reporting, general ledger
accounting and financial management reporting processes
- Strong understanding of internal controls, business acumen &
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong IS / IT skills - comfortable using various systems
- Strong leadership, collaboration and team building skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including
ability to effectively communicate with Senior Management and
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data into clear, concise
conclusions for management
- Highly motivated with problem-solving mentality, intellectually
curious, and strong critical thinking skillsMinimum Education and
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance,
- CPA preferred but not required.Experience:
- Minimum 5-7 years progressive experience in finance,
accounting, or financial field.
- Strong accounting background preferred.
- Trade promotion accounting experience a plus.#LI-SS1The Hershey
Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey
Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and
employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race,
color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status,
marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender
status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status,
genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected
by applicable federal, state or local laws.The Hershey Company is
an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected
VeteransIf you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the
application process, please contact the HR Service Center
Keywords: HersheyCareers, Reading , NA Sales Accounting Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Hershey, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!