Posted on: September 24, 2022
The Payroll Manager will manage Multi-Company (global) Payroll
Operations (Canada, U.S. Logistics, LAC, PTL-India) $2.6 billion in
payroll costs per anum, approximately 36,000 associates, 10 federal
tax id's operating in 48 states with over 300 local jurisdictions
and local jurisdictions and $12.7 million in Garnishments/Child
This position is located at our Corporate offices in a beautiful
country setting 7 miles South of Reading, PA which is a convenient
commute with ample free and easy parking.
Work Location - 2675 Morgantown Rd Reading, Pennsylvania
Work Schedule - 3 days onsite/ 2 days remote
• Establish Controllership and fiscal responsibility/management of
• Ensure statutory and procedural compliance, accurate recording of
costs on the financial statements and management of process
initiatives and improvements within areas of responsibility.
• Manage and direct activities (payroll for all companies,
multi-million dollar in costs per anum, union benefits & MEPPA
liabilities, pay system controls/maintenance)
• Ensure that paychecks are delivered to Penske's associates
accurately and on time. Executing payroll every week with specific
deadlines and quickly addressing challenges as they arise.
• Monitor the performance of all data collection systems (eTIME,
Fleet Manager, LMS, ORACLE HR, etc) and processes, ADP systems and
process, and manage the various delivery methods and supplemental
payments to taxing authorities and benefit providers.
• Manage an effective team in an environment that requires tight
time constraints and a high level of attention to detail in order
to support the payroll needs of a large employee base.
• Ensure that all payroll related queries are answered in a timely
• Manage the process for the submission of tax and benefit payments
to third parties for both union and non-union locations.
• Provide timely information and interpretation of data necessary
for compliance requirements and the completion of government and
union benefit audits.
• Work closely with the Corporate Finance, Human Resources, and
• Other projects as assigned by the Department.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance and specialization in
payroll preferred. If no degree, equivalent work experience is
• 10 years of supervisory/management experience required.
• Minimum 5 years experience in payroll, accounting, or
• Ability to apply analytical thinking to generate solutions to
business challenges required.
• Knowledge of Penske processes and systems or ADP experience
• Advanced Project Management experience preferred.
• Intermediate skills in Excel and Access required.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced/deadline-driven
• Must be detail oriented and organized.
• Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment
application, submit to a background investigation (to include past
employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally
and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information;
and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be
required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently
required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with
hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading,
Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske
Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global
transportation services provider, Penske operates a
premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations
in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia.
Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract
maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck
sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain
management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Keywords: Penske, Reading , Payroll Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Reading, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!