Company: West Shore School District
Location: New Cumberland
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*WEST SHORE SCHOOL DISTRICT*
*TITLE: BENEFITS ASSISTANT*
*QUALIFICATIONS: *1. High school diploma plus additional
specialized training of one or two years in
2. Three years of successful automated bookkeeping/ accounting,
payroll, and benefits administration.
3. Proficiency with keyboarding.
4. Previous experience with productivity applications and
5. Compliance with Employment Eligibility, all required background
clearances, and Physical Examination/TB test standards.
6. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may
find appropriate and acceptable.
*SUPERVISED BY: *Director of Business Affairs
*JOB GOAL: *To assist in the efficient operation of the Business
A. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Performs the following tasks: proofreading; filing in a
five-drawer file cabinet; filing and storage on nine-foot high
shelves, standing to operate copier and collate materials, handling
mail, operating paper cutter and paper drill; transporting up to
ten reams of paper and printed material to office; assuring
readiness of office equipment.
* Assists administration in monitoring and screening all visitors
to the building.
* Inputs additions and deletions into insurance providers'
computerized system, as well as District's in-house system and
maintains spreadsheet which reconciles to bi-weekly payroll.
* Prepares monthly billings for the District's employee insurance
plans: hospitalization, dental, life, and vision, encompassing all
updates; issues notice of right to continue health care benefits
(COBRA) for employees or dependents who become ineligible for
District-paid insurance benefits.
* Functions as liaison between the District and the District's
hospitalization, life, dental, and vision insurance carriers.
* Maintains records of retirees and employees who remain on the
District's insurance plan; reconciles third party collections with
* Reads and correctly interprets written directions and performs
accurate computations related to functions of the position.
* Ensures HIPPA compliance, such as maintenance of records, forms,
* Meets with new employees eligible for benefits; discusses
insurance options and assists with the completion of enrollment
* Works with payroll to create and verify journal entries based on
deductions for insurance plans, including receivables from third
party collection and transfers funds from General Fund to Medical
* Coordinates and maintains employee participation in the District
Section 125 Plan.
* Transmits claims payment to insurance providers.
* Prepares and inputs insurance budget information.
* Maintains food service monthly insurance billing.
* Serves as the District point of contact for the reporting of
Workers' Compensation claims; shares that information with Workers'
Compensation provider; assists with scheduling of appointments
where necessary; ensures completion of appropriate incident
* Promotes positive public and employee relations for the District
through courteous and efficient handling of contacts and
communications while serving as a resource person on District
policies, procedures, rules, and regulations as relevant to the
* Performs telephone and receptionist duties as needed.
* Participates in required staff development activities.
* Ensures the highest degree of confidentiality for the
* Works during established operating hours and works extra time as
needed and approved.
* Complies with the provisions of the Pennsylvania School Code,
District Board policies and the _Non-Bargaining_ _Support Personnel
* Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities
as from time to time may be assigned by the supervisor.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 1. Twelve month position.
2. Compensation as per District guidelines.
RESPONSIBILITY LEVEL: 6
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated by the
Director of Business Affairs in accordance with the Board policy on
evaluation of support personnel.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: From $18.75 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Professional development assistance
* Retirement plan
* Tuition reimbursement
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
* New Cumberland, PA 17070: Reliably commute or planning to
relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: West Shore School District, Reading , Benefits Assistant, Accounting, Auditing , New Cumberland, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!