Posted on: September 14, 2023
Accountant with strong cost accounting and billing experience /
Onsite / Generous pay + benefitsThis Jobot Job is hosted by:
Christine McNamaraAre you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the
"Apply" button and sending us your resume.Salary: $70,000 - $90,000
per yearA bit about us:Are you a seasoned Cost Accountant with a
knack for numbers and a passion for financial analysis? You will be
responsible for applying your accounting expertise to manage and
analyze costs, assess profitability, and assist in preparing the
financials of our organization. You will be an integral part of our
team, working closely with various departments to ensure the
accuracy of financial data and contribute to our financial
goals.Why join us?
- Generous PTO & sick leave
- 401k with company match
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flex spending account
- Growth opportunitiesJob Details
- Manage all phases of cost accounting including inventory, cost
of goods sold, and variance analysis.
- Administer job cost reports and ensure all credits and internal
adjustments are accurately applied to the jobs.
- Handle monthly closing of financial ledgers and prepare monthly
cost accounting reports.
- Collaborate with the finance team to prepare budgets,
forecasts, and financial analyses.
- Conduct regular ledger maintenance and reconciliation
- Assist with the implementation of cost standards for materials
- Prepare detailed account analysis and reconcile sales, cost,
and inventory, liability accounts by customer.
- Review and audit all job cost files, expenses, and overhead
charges to ensure accuracy.
- Comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for
- Collaborate with management on the development and execution of
- Work closely with project managers and engineers to ensure
accurate financial reporting and cost accounting.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related
- Minimum of 2+ years of accounting experience.
- Prior experience in a job costing environment is required.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of AIA Contracts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook,
etc.) and accounting software.
- Strong analytical skills with a focus on attention to
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal daily direction from
management to accomplish objectives.
- Professional certification like CMA (Certified Management
Accountant) or CPA (Certified Public Accountant) is a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize
workload and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a team
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting.
- Willingness to establish and maintain effective working
relationships.Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by
clicking the "Apply" button.
Keywords: Jobot, Reading , Cost Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Elverson, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!