Director General Accounting
Company: Tower Health
Posted on: July 13, 2019
- Under the direction and guidance of the Chief Financial
Officer, this position is responsible for the supervision of
general accounting staff and management of general accounting
operations for cash processing, maintenance of all bank accounts,
prepaid assets, non-patient receivables, inventory, fixed assets,
general ledger closing procedures, account analysis and
reconciliation, audit schedules and reports.
- Lawson general ledger review and resolution.
- This position is responsible for the preparation and reporting
of financial statements and schedules for senior management.
- This position also assists in the preparation and development
of the corporation's annual budget, which includes capital,
staffing and non-staffing, and revenue projections.
- Assures the confidentiality of sensitive material.
- Assists in the development of Finance Department objectives,
establishes staffing patterns and organizes the department work
- Ensures proper selection and training of departmental
- Manages and evaluates performance of employees to ensure
quality of service and technical expertise.
- Recommends/approves merit increases, promotions and
- Develops and maintains effective systems of general accounting
and cost determination according to Generally Accepted Accounting
- Manages the month end close process with frequent communication
with staff regarding workflows and progress toward completing all
month end procedures.
- Performs financial analysis using Lawson, WebFocus, Excel, and
various patient billing systems to ensure completeness and ccuracy
of journal entries and financial statements and performs monthly
account reconciliations bringing any significant discrepancies to
the attention of the Senior Director, Finance.
- Interacts with departments of The Tower Health System including
Accounts Payable, Payroll, General Accounting, Cost Accounting, and
Information Management Systems for support for operations related
to financial activities.
- Interacts with Group Leadership to develop the strategic plan,
including its financial planning component.
- Responsible for monitoring the overall month end close process,
reviewing all staff journal entries, recording journal entries,
reviewing preliminary financial statements and preparing final
monthly financial statements.
- Collects data, prepares and enters journal entries into the
General Ledger within the designated time for the month end
deadline, which is currently 5 days.
- Performs detailed variance analysis for each practice and
account during the month end closing cycle to identify and correct
errors, perform reclasses, and adjust accruals as needed. This time
frame is also within the 5 day closing cycle.
- Prepares detailed financial statements along with narrative and
provides to the Hospital Finance team by the designated deadline -
currenly 5 days.
- Prepares the financial packet for the TRHMG Board of Directors
and Finance Committee. Reviews these statements with the C.F.O. of
- Reconciles Balance Sheet Accounts as part of the month end
closing process, including cash control accounts.
- Leads the Year - End Audit process by coordinating data
gathering, preparing any necessary schedules, and preparing
responses to auditor requests or requests from Hospital Finance
- Leads and/or participates in meetings with the Office Managers,
Lead Physicians and Administrators for each Medical group Practice
as directed by the CFO or Senior Director, Finance. These meetings
provide detail reivew of the practice financials and identification
of areas for improvement.
- Responds to ongoing auditor inquiries (internal and external)
and provides supporting schedules and other documentation as
- Active involvement in onboarding of new practice acquisitions
including ensuring accurate recording of all financial transactions
in the general ledger, regardless of new practice billing
- Responsible for establishing consistent accounting policies,
procedures, and practices across all markets.
- Understands and ensures accuracy of accounting entries
generated by EPIC and other billing systems, including MCP markets
and EPIC implementation. Qualifications 4 year/Bachelor's
Keywords: Tower Health, Reading , Director General Accounting, Accounting, Auditing , Reading, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!