Administrative Nurse Supervisor
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Title: Administrative Nurse SupervisorLocation: Jersey
Shore, PennsylvaniaJob Category: Inpatient RN - Registered Nurse,
Nursing and Nursing SupportSchedule: RotationWork Type: Part
timeDepartment: GJSH Medical-Surgical Nursing Administration
DepartmentDate Posted: 04/16/2021Job ID: R-12472Job
SummaryCoordinates and supervises the delivery of nursing care and
activities of assigned personnel. Ensures compliance with the
directives, policies, applicable laws and regulations. Supports and
implements the Nursing Department and Hospital goals and
objectives. Coordinates patient flow and assesses appropriate
staffing levels throughout the hospital.Job Duties
- Effectively communicates and incorporates the Nursing and
Organization's vision, goals, and initiatives at the unit and
department level consistent with Magnet philosophy and
- Supports Managers as they supervise assigned personnel within
- Assists with the orientation, integration and education of new
- Facilitates patient placement with triage and prioritization of
patient bed assignment in collaboration with Patient Placement and
patient care department staff members.
- Participates in the formulation of nursing policies and goals
as well as policies affecting other departments.
- Communicates and interprets policies, procedures and
regulations to patients, visitors and staff members.
- Facilitates implementation of policies and procedures.
- Promotes and supports positive guest relations.
- Assigns nursing personnel, as necessary, for increased acuity,
changes in patient acuity and call-offs based on patient census,
unit acuity and volume.
- Supports staffing office as it relates to financial and quality
- Supports Operations Managers as the resource model for Clinical
Coordinators, Registered Nurse Career Enhancement Program nurses,
Charge Nurses and other hospital personnel in the advancement of
their management skills.
- Serves as administration representative and communicates
pertinent patient care activities and information to Administrator
on call and appropriate personnel for problem solving and resolving
- Follows up on adverse, serious and sentinel events occurring
during the evening, night and weekend shifts.
- Ensures proper documentation.
- Ensures patient and family concerns are investigated and
addressed appropriately by the appropriate personnel.
- Evaluates quality of care administered in assigned areas, makes
rounds, and assures timely communication of significant operational
- Serves as a clinical resource assisting nursing personnel in
assessing patient and family needs, obtaining equipment and patient
care items as necessary, and to answer questions and solve problems
within the department and the institution.
- Demonstrates transformational leadership in maintaining a
- Encourages new knowledge, innovations and improvements using
evidence based practice and research in patient care.
- Follows up and ensures proper documentation on sentinel
occurring on all shifts.
- Works in collaboration with the operations managers and nursing
education department to support staff member's needs on all
- Addresses employee grievances according to the grievance
procedures as applicable to the facility location.Work is typically
performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all
job specific obligations and complying with all organization
policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile
are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical
elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
Additional competencies and skills outlined in any
department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the
performance of the job related to that position.EducationGraduate
from Specialty Training Program-Nursing (Required)ExperienceMinimum
of 3 years-Nursing (Required)Certification(s) and License(s)Basic
Life Support Certification - Default Issuing Body; Licensed
Registered Nurse (Pennsylvania) - RN_State of PennsylvaniaOur
Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We are
an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and
Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran
Keywords: Geisinger, Reading , Administrative Nurse Supervisor, Administration, Clerical , Woodward, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!