CAD Design Technician
Company: Iron Mountains Llc
Posted on: January 16, 2022
We are Iron Mountains, LLC. We develop a broad range of baby
gear products from child safety seats to multi-mode strollers, from
travel beds to feeding solutions and beyond. Our specialized focus
on merging industry changing design with highest quality material
and state of the art manufacturing processes allow each new product
design to be precisely positioned to meet consumer, market and
We are seeking a highly motivated CAD Designer to be part of a
leading SolidWorks based design group who is passionate about using
solid modeling techniques to create, render, and produce innovative
PRINCIPAL OBJECTIVEFocused exclusively on consumer products such as
car seats, strollers, swings, and high chairs, the CAD Design
Technician's principal objective is to support our product
development teams through various concept, development, and
engineering phases with a variety of 3D CAD design skills to create
complex 3D solid models and assemblies, as well as provide
technical evaluations. Types of 3D part generation include: tubing,
sheet metal, simple to complex injection molded plastic parts and
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- In collaboration with the Product Development Teams,
effectively use SolidWorks 3D CAD software modules such as solid
modeling, surfacing, etc., in designing complex 3D parts from the
early design stage to final production ready files.
- Aids in facilitation of prototypes including the use of rapid
prototype parts from four (4) of the Company's in-house rapid
- Performs and documents various technical evaluations including
product testing and data collection.
- Special projects as assigned.
This position description is intended to provide a summary of the
major duties, tasks and responsibilities of this position and shall
not be considered an exhaustive listing of all work
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONSExperience & Education
- One (1) to three (3) years of relevant design technician
experience (entry level).
- Consumer packaged goods industry with focus on juvenile
products highly desirable.
- Minimum Associates degree or completion of a technical trade
school (CAD, drafting or related field).
Skills & Knowledge
- Strong ability to generate 3D solid models from sketches,
physical models, and specifications.
- Competency in the fundamentals of solid model part building
- Familiarity of standard drafting practices and procedures.
- MS Excel savvy; ability to collect, sort and analyze data.
- Problem Solver: Effectively identifies and solves challenging
problems as demonstrated by regularly reviewing the issues for
their underlying cause(s) and recommending solutions which may have
been overlooked by others.
- Analytical: Demonstrated ability to focus on key issues,
research, gather and integrate information from a variety of
sources and consider/recommend reasonable alternatives.
- Enthusiasm, Effort, Innovation, Creativity, and Continuous
Learner: Displays energy and a positive attitude about the
challenges all projects face. Exhibits drive and initiative in the
pursuit of individual, department and company goals. Anticipates
important changes affecting the job and capitalizes on them.
- Adaptable: Ability to adjust easily to new or changing
circumstances as demonstrated by the ability to shift easily among
competing tasks to meet deadlines.
- Teamwork Building / Team Player: Works well within diverse
groups to achieve common goals as demonstrated through support for
team ownership of projects to ensure results.
- Collaborative: Ability to work collaboratively with internal
and external customers as demonstrated by finding common ground in
completing tasks and solving problems.
- Communication: Speaks effectively in individual or group
situations; is an effective listener; writes clearly and
convincingly; taking responsibility for facilitating information
exchange among subordinates, peers and managers.
- Time Management, Productivity: Uses time efficiently and
effectively when prioritizing both day to day activities and
- Persistent: Perseveres despite opposition or difficulty as
demonstrated by coming up with a variety of approaches to reach a
- Proficiency in: SolidWorks (solid modeling, detailing, assembly
and analysis); MS Office Suite with Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Experience with FEA software such as COSMOS Works FEA a
- Proficiency in the use of model shop hand, power and light
- Possible 10% combined Domestic and International travel as
business needs warrant
- Valid Passport
- Ability to work extended hours as business needs warrant; may
include nights and weekends.by Jobble
Keywords: Iron Mountains Llc, Reading , CAD Design Technician, Design, Graphic Design & CAD , Morgantown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!