Education Coordinator Emergency Medical Services
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Job Title: Education Coordinator Emergency Medical Services
Location: Danville, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Patient Support, Nursing and Nursing Support
Work Type: Full time
Department: Central Region Emergency Medical Services Team
Date Posted: 12/22/2022
Job ID: R-42328
Job Summary---Coordinates and collaborates in the delivery of
educational activities. Collaborates with program leadership and
supervises the orientation process. Develops educational programs
and processes to promote professional development. Fosters a
positive work environment through mutual support and cooperation
and adheres to unit specific Service Standards.
- Maintains all credentials to be a staff paramedic.
- Assists with orientation and integration of new employees and
builds a sense of pride in employees and promotes good morale.
- Establish, teach, and evaluate professional development
- Serves as a strong role model in professional practice as
evidenced by strong relationships with staff and members of other
departments, effective communications, appropriate resource
utilization and sound planning skills.
- Directs individual professional development through mentoring,
coaching and education.
- Provides leadership in Education - - -committee.
- Communicates pertinent information regarding clinical practice
and education - -to appropriate personnel.
- May participates in the formulation of program policies and
goals as well as policies affecting other departments; communicates
and interprets policies, procedures, and regulations to patients,
visitor and staff members, as required.
- Promotes and supports concepts of positive guest relations as
- Efficient and cost-effective use of physical, financial, and
- Communicates significant issues to program leadership in a
- Assists leadership by carrying out the process improvement and
educational plans with staff completing documentation of
- Develops and maintains an effective liaison with physicians,
patients, employees, and other stakeholders.
- Collaborates with leadership for identification and mitigation
of clinical practice issues.
- Coordinates the attendance of personnel at internal and
external educational programs as applicable.
- Provides ongoing education based on educational program needs,
staff request and management request.
- Supervises annual - -skills assessment, competency completion,
- Collaborate with system resources for - -Basic Life Support, -
-and Pediatric Advanced Life Support courses.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable
for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all
organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in
this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the
job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any
department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the
performance of the job related to that position.
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program- (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 3 years-Related work experience (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Certified Emergency Medical
Technician Paramedic - Default Issuing Body; Certified Flight
Paramedic - Default Issuing Body
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Reading , Education Coordinator Emergency Medical Services, Education / Teaching , Danville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!