Health and Physical Education Teacher - 23/24 School Year
Company: New Story, LLC
Posted on: May 28, 2023
New Story -Schools in Reading, PA is seeking a qualified Health
and Physical Education Teacher -to develop and implement a program
to promote health, physical activity, and social skills among
Do you have a passion for education and being a part of a
mission-driven organization? Do you want to join a fast-growing
company with excellent benefits, such as competitive health and
wellness benefits, tuition reimbursement, generous paid time off,
and so much more?
- Develop and implement lesson plans that teach students in all
areas of health and physical education according to PA state
- Develop and implement a variety of learning experiences to
enable students to demonstrate learned skills and
- Develop and implement an adaptive physical education program as
identified in the Individual Education Plan (IEP).
- Develop and submit lesson/activity plans that are tailored to
meet the individual needs of students based on IEP goals and
objectives, including modifications listed in specially designed
- Assist in the development and preparation of IEPs, as
- Engage and teach students in differentiated learning
experiences for the range of skill levels and developmental needs
found within each classroom.
- Organize and teach indoor and outdoor activities that promote
- Ensure safety of students in physical education activities by
providing a comprehensive program in safety instruction, injury
prevention, and physical conditioning prior to activity.
- Regularly review the health and physical education curriculum
and recommend modifications when appropriate.
- Utilize non-violent crisis intervention techniques, as
- Perform all job responsibilities in a safe manner and adhere to
safety practices and standards established by the company.
- Adhere to the Exposure Control Plan and wear Personal
Protective Equipment (PPE) as required by the task being
- Maintain student confidentiality in accordance with company
policy and FERPA regulations.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Must possess professional and interpersonal skills, reflecting
appropriate boundaries, to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with students, parents/guardians, school/company
personnel, and coworkers.
- Must have knowledge of the concepts of health and physical
education, safety, child growth and development, and effective
- Must have strong organizational, problem-solving, and
- Must display a professional appearance and demeanor.
Eligible New Story Employees will receive competitive pay and
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Health Savings Account
- Company-paid Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Hospital, and
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with 100% vested company contribution
- Healthcare, dependent care, and commuter Flexible Spending
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase
New Story School is an educational organization comprised of
special education schools in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, New
Jersey, and Massachusetts. We offer an academic learning
environment integrated with behavior support services for students
diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavioral disorders. Our
multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school
districts, and community partners to empower children in overcoming
challenges and creating new stories in their lives.
New Story Schools is proud to be an equal opportunities employer
and embraces diversity in the workplace. We are also committed to
providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our employees and the
students we serve. For more information about New Story Schools
careers and benefits, please visit our website
- Minimum of six months experience working with children with
- Bachelors or better in Physical Education Teacher
EducationLicenses & CertificationsRequired
- Teacher - Spec. Ed.SkillsPreferred
- Crisis Intervention
- Lesson Plan DevelopmentBehaviorsPreferred
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all
details necessary to get the task done well
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability
to set your own schedule and goals
- Work-Life Balance: Inspired to perform well by having ample
time to pursue work and interests outside of work
Keywords: New Story, LLC, Reading , Health and Physical Education Teacher - 23/24 School Year, Education / Teaching , Shoemakersville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...