Metallurgist Principal Technology
Company: CARPENTER TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION
Posted on: March 18, 2019
Carpenter Technology Corporation is a leading producer and distributor of premium specialty alloys, including titanium alloys, nickel and cobalt based super-alloys, stainless steels, alloy steels and tool steels. Carpenter's high-performance materials and advanced process solutions are an integral part of critical applications used within multiple markets including aerospace, transportation, medical and energy. Building on its history of innovation, Carpenter's wrought and powder technology capabilities support a range of next-generation products and manufacturing techniques, including novel magnetic materials and additive manufacturing.
TITLE OF POSITION: Metallurgist-Principal Technology
LOCATION: Reading, PA
Seeking a Metallurgist to provide coverage related to FeCo, FeNi and Fe based soft magnetic alloys. Soft magnetics is a key market for Carpenter's growth.
- Interface with customers related to product usage, application, performance, and product development
- Review customer specifications and requirements and develop manufacturing process path
- Support manufacturing with daily review of quality issues and test failures
- Lead and participate in efforts to minimize the cost to manufacture and increase stable profit
- Work on product enhancement projects to optimize material performance
- Four-year college degree in Metallurgical Engineering, Materials Science or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience, combined with consistently strong performance.
- Ability to travel and access mill and manufacturing areas.
- Ability to provide training and education to key customers.
- Ability to be self-directed and serve as a mentor to internal resources.
- Ability to identify potential new products, processes and partners.
- Experience with "soft magnetics"
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees.
Carpenter Technology Corporation's policy is to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans.
Keywords: CARPENTER TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION, Reading , Metallurgist Principal Technology, Education / Teaching , Reading, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!