Geotechnical Staff Engineer
Company: ARM Group
Posted on: April 10, 2021
ARM is looking for a self-driven Geotechnical Staff Engineer who
is looking to grow and embodies an ownership mentality. Position
will support a wide range of projects requiring knowledge and
experience in geotechnical engineering, including: shallow
foundations; deep foundations; retaining structures; karst hazards;
mechanically stabilized earth (MSE) berms/walls; slope stability;
ground improvement techniques; geotechnical support of shale gas
projects and solid waste projects; and others. As a Staff Engineer,
you will also collaborate with a team of multi-disciplined
engineers and scientists, project managers, CAD designers, and
other staff to service our client's needs on various projects
related to geotechnical engineering, solid waste management, oil
and gas, water resources, stormwater management, erosion and
sediment control planning, and construction administration.
- Observe and monitor field work to analyze possible
- Develop geotechnical reports and perform and/or check technical
- Prepare letters, emails, permit applications, etc. for
- Collaborate with other team members to meet deliverables on
project and obtain further knowledge and experiences.
- Effectively communicate with key stake holders including
project manager, project engineers, and other members of the
- Pro-actively recognize conditions and problems of non-routine
nature, develop solutions, and seek guidance when needed.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil, Geotechnical Engineering
is required. Master's degree in Geotechnical Engineering is
- E.I.T. certification preferred, but opportunity to obtain
certification can be developed.
- Prior geotechnical experience is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; experience with Autodesk
Civil 3D or equivalent engineering software is a plus.
- A self-starter possessing strong communication, planning and
- Desire to work on multiple projects in parallel rather than a
single large project for months.
- Requires travel to job sites and occasional out of the local
area overnight stays.
ARM Group was founded in 1998 and has grown to be a premier science
and engineering consulting firm headquartered in the sweetest place
on earth (Hershey, PA). ARM has been recognized by the Engineering
News-Record (ENR) as a Top 200 Environmental Firm and a Top 500
Design Firm in the US, selected by the Central Penn Business
Journal as one of the "Best Places to Work", and viewed by clients,
the legal community, and regulators as an industry leader in
innovation, quality, and service. ARM has over 200 employees across
11 locations throughout the Mid-Atlantic Region, including some of
the most highly-regarded experts in a multitude of disciplines. At
ARM, the entrepreneurial spirit thrives and applying science and
engineering to leave the world a better place is our purpose!
Our best-in-class compensation and benefits package includes
competitive salaries, a competitive health care plan, dental,
vision, and life and disability insurance, FSA's, 401(k) plan with
a company match, 3 weeks of PTO, internal training and professional
development, tuition reimbursement, state of the art fitness
center, and an unmatched opportunity to learn and grow in a variety
Keywords: ARM Group, Reading , Geotechnical Staff Engineer, Engineering , Hershey, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!