Company: Johnson & Johnson
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Ethicon is recruiting for a Senior Engineer which can be located
in Cincinnati, OH or any J&J location in the US.
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies,
has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 100
years, from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery
with minimally invasive procedures. Our surgical technologies and
solutions include sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and
hemostats along with interventional ablation, robotics and digital
solutions. For more information, visit .
Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is made up of the DePuy Synthes,
Ethicon, Cardiovascular and Specialty Solutions (CSS), and J&J
Vision Supply Chains. We are working together to become the partner
of choice for our customers, and the competitive advantage for our
businesses. We are doing this by working end-to-end at the
franchise level to drive our core and transformation
As a member of the medical devices supply chain organization, this
leader will support and extend the development of sophisticated
medical product projects across our medical device businesses. This
role will include but not be limited to electro-mechanical
component/sub-assembly process development and qualifications as
well as risk identification, root cause analysis and issue
- Function as a leader and technical professional ensuring
product quality, reliability and cost objectives are met while
connecting improvement feedback to supply chain, design, quality,
marketing & financial partners.
- Collaborate with team on project objectives and plans.
- Encourage and contribute new insights that challenge the status
- Provide insight to identify and execute performance and cost
improvement opportunities within the design or manufacturing
- Collaborate to reflect manufacturing requirements in product
design to ensure design for manufacturability & team goals are
- Provide design support, process knowledge, and lead execution
of qualification and stabilization deliverables that implement
world-class supply chain and manufacturing operations.
- Assess and mitigate process risks throughout all phases of
development to ensure team success.
- Apply comprehensive and diverse knowledge of engineering
principles to a broad range of assignments. Utilize their prior
work experience, Design for Manufacturing & Assembly (DFMA)
techniques, Lean Six Sigma process knowledge, and the Failure Mode
Effects Analysis (FMEA) tool to drive the product design to its
most efficient outcome.
- Using appropriate statistical techniques, develop validation
protocols, qualify first articles, perform measurement system
analyses, complete process capability studies & process validation
on supplier processes
- Lead component development activities within New Product
Development projects, primarily supporting activities within the
Ethicon EndoMechanical business unit but may have assignments
within Ethicon Robotics or Ethicon Energy.
- Conduct qualification of manufacturing related equipment,
tools, gauges, fixtures, processes.
- Provide Design for Manufacturing (DFM) guidelines to the design
team for component geometry and dimensional tolerancing while
developing prototype components.
- Provide component cost estimates for component designs and
processing options to meet high volume demand. Cost estimates to
include capital equipment costs and capacity planning.
- Provide feedback and coordinate with Sourcing partners the
supplier selection process for high volume component
- Co-ordinate activities with internal & external partners.
- Influence and hold internal and external business partners
accountable while actively driving activities and work to meet
- Work with our Supply Base to provide metals components and
sub-assemblies that meet established cost, quality, and performance
- Other responsibilities may be assigned.
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree in a technical field with 5
years' experience in a relevant regulated industry such as medical,
pharmaceutical, automotive, or aerospace.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in metals manufacturing
engineering including CNC Swiss-type Automatic Lathes, CNC multi
axis Machining, Metal Injection Molding, Stamping, Laser Welding,
and Powdered Metal Forming.
- Understanding of material selection and secondary processing
operations such as heat treating, electro polishing, or other
processes required for medical device applications.
- Process Development and Qualification of Manufacturing
- Application of statistical analysis techniques such as Process
Stability, Control and Capability.
- Development and Application of gauging techniques and
subsequent Measurement Systems Analyses (GR&R).
- Experience with engineering drawings and interpretations.
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and influencing skills.
- Project Management and Risk Management.
- Working in a dynamic team environment with an emphasis on
manufacturing process development starting at new product
development through scale-up and sustaining manufacturing.
- Understanding and leading completion of Design for
Manufacturing & Assembly (DFMA) and Failure Mode Effects Analysis
- Tooling design and building of metal injection molds, stamping
tools, and machining processes.
- Experience with Test Method Validation (TMV), Measurement
System Analysis (MSA), and/or Gage Reproducibility and
- Knowledge of GD&T (ASME Y14.5).
- Use of Design of Experiments (DOE) methodology for process
development and continuous improvement.
- Component process development.
- Leading and developing outside vendors and suppliers.
- Process Excellence Six Sigma, Green Belt or Black Belt
- Leading characterization and solutions to technical
- This position can be based in Cincinnati, OH or any J&J
location in the US and may require up to 25% travel domestically
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis
United States-Ohio-Cincinnati-4545 Creek Road
North America-United States-Florida-Jacksonville, North
America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan, North America-United
States-Florida, North America-United States-Massachusetts, North
America-United States-New Jersey, North America-United
States-Pennsylvania, North America-United States-New
Jersey-Somerville, North America-United States, North
America-United States-Florida-Palm Beach Gardens
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)
Keywords: Johnson & Johnson, Reading , Senior Engineer., Engineering , Burnham, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!