Service Technician - Flooring Solutions
Company: Sunbelt Rentals
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Join Our Team!Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first
choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding
to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to
outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a
vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it
all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our
greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment
offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us
from the competition.We pride ourselves on investing in our
workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive
on-the-job training for all eligible employees.As a highly
successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented
individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in
pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our
opportunities!JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARYFlooring Solutions
TechnicianAre you seeking an entrepreneurial, empowering workplace
that allows you to:
- Develop a career track
- Leverage your current skills while developing new skills
- Work with an incredible team of peopleSunbelt Rentals-the
fastest growing rental business in North America-is seeking a
Flooring Solutions Technician. As a Service Technician, you will
coordinate with Sales Engineer to provide an exemplary level of
service to our customers, demonstrate skills and performance in the
use, operation, set up and repair of all company equipment. This
position is a senior level technician and requires the individual
to demonstrate a level of professionalism through positive
communication and appearance that will be respected by other
- Performs all levels of repair on-site.
- Keeps track of rental equipment (inventory) and coordinates
deliveries, pick-ups and service calls with customers.
- Maintains warehouse area.
- Operates company vehicle safely and maintains a valid driver's
license and excellent driving record free from points.
- Keeps records and maintains company vehicle. This includes:
washing, oil-changes and general safety inspection. Any defect or
variation from normal performance should be reported to the
- Maintains and tracks company tools and supplies. (Broken tools
should be brought to supervisor for replacement.) Provides own
tools as outlined.
- Communicates professionally with customers, managers, and sales
engineers to schedule deliveries, pick-ups and service calls.
- Completes appropriate paperwork for deliveries, pick-ups and
- Directs customers to sign appropriate paperwork. Keeps track of
- Delivers and installs rented equipment. Trains authorized
operator (and/or customer) on safe use of equipment.
- Implements proper and safe procedures
- Works with managers and sales engineers to maintain accurate
records and tracking of in-stock and rented equipment.
- Demonstrates a professional and courteous demeanor to
- Demonstrates effective written and verbal communication. Takes
accurate phone messages and has a clear, professional manner when
speaking with customers. Communicates effectively with staff.
- Is on call for emergency service and is available on a rotating
schedule for emergency service response calls on weekends and
- Cleans and tests returned equipment making sure operation and
appearance is up to standards.
- Successfully troubleshoots and completely understands the
operation, function, specifications, capabilities and controls of
any piece of rental equipment. Understands advanced electrical
motors and controls and their operations.Qualifications:
- Basic math skills
- Must be at least 21 years of age in order to operate commercial
- Sweeper/Scrubber and Surface Preparation product line
- Valid driver's license free from points, required
- Some after-hours and weekend work will be required during peak
timesThe physical demands of this role require bending, squatting,
crouching, reaching, lifting 50 pounds or more, and working
indoors/outdoors when required by the job. The above description is
not a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar
duties which may be required from day to day. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to comply with applicable laws. Sunbelt
Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer -
Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran and any other protected class.Gear
up for an exciting career!If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has
referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that
you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to
get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional
Keywords: Sunbelt Rentals, Reading , Service Technician - Flooring Solutions, Engineering , Enola, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!