Test Engineer II (LabVIEW)
Company: Dorman Products
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Dorman Products, a $1B global supplier of aftermarket automotive
parts, is seeking a Test Engineer II with solid LabVIEW experience
to join our growing team in our Lewisberry, PA location. A Test
Engineer II for Dorman Products will design, develop, program, and
implement data acquisition/test equipment and procedures to support
new product development. The job involves creating
electro-mechanical testing equipment to baseline test OE
components, generate performance data, first article inspection
test validation, and end of line tests. Additional responsibilities
include test hardware selection, test documentation creation,
failure report creation, and graphical user interface design. Apply
today and find out what makes Dorman an industry pioneer, trusted
partner, and valued brand!
- Design, develop, and program equipment for data acquisition and
- Work with Product Engineers to determine test requirements,
methods of testing, test hardware, and test architectures to use to
validate operation of a specific product.
- Use appropriate test software to create validation tests that
will perform to the desired specifications of the product and
support the test on the production floor.
- Improve existing legacy tests and upgrade test hardware and
test framework allowing for more efficient testing, while also
troubleshooting the existing test for accuracy.
- Troubleshoot existing tests to ensure that the test meets
validation requirements which includes troubleshooting test code,
tester hardware and test processes.
- Manage multiple projects while meeting requirements.
- Create failure analysis reports of test to allow for proper
yellow tagging and failure reporting.
Qualifications / Education / Experience
- BS degree in a related technical field with 2+ years of
experience or Associates degree in a related technical field with
5+ years of experience
- Experience with LabVIEW, Test Stand and National Instruments
- Experience with C++, Ladder Logic, Visual Basic, and/or other
- Experience with Tortoise or other source code control
- Experience with choosing hardware based upon test
- Experience with Vehicle Communications such as CAN, J1850,
J1939, LIN, etc.
- Experience with electronics design, manufacturing, and testing
- Software and electrical troubleshooting
- Technical documentation skills
- Project Management skills
- Experienced with the use of power supplies, signal generators,
oscilloscopes, multimeter, etc.
- Experience in a production environment
- Hardware experience to component level
- Knowledge of automotive and vehicle hardware
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Excel and
- Knowledge of electrical components (obsolete, substitutions,
Dorman Products, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer; we value a
combination of ideas, perspectives and cultures. EEO/AA Employer
M/F/D/V.Candidates must pass a background check and drug test, as
applicable for the role.www.DormanProducts.com
Keywords: Dorman Products, Reading , Test Engineer II (LabVIEW), Engineering , Lewisberry, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!