Manufacturing Process Engineer
Company: Carpenter Technology
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Carpenter Technology Corporation is a leading producer and
distributor of premium specialty alloys, including titanium alloys,
nickel and cobalt based superalloys, stainless steels, alloy steels
and tool steels.-- Carpenter's high-performance materials and
advanced process solutions are an integral part of critical
applications used within the aerospace, transportation, medical and
energy markets, among other markets.-- Building on its history of
innovation, Carpenter's powder technology capabilities support a
range of next-generation products and manufacturing techniques,
including additive manufacturing and 3D printing.MANUFACTURING
PROCESS ENGINEER--PRIMARY DUTIES OF THE MANUFACTURING PROCESS
- Participates in the upgrade, rebuild, installation and start-up
of process equipment.
- Analyzes key process measures and report results to
- Participates in the development of new equipment
- Supports implementation of solutions to equipment safety
- Provides technical assistance and an interface function on
process, product, and maintenance problems.
- Interacts with outside resources including contractors,
equipment vendors, and supply vendors for assigned projects.
- Works within and assist in the development of the appropriate
standards, specifications, and procedures, including but not
limited to those required for production, technical, safety, and
- Utilizes Permac to order parts and supplies.
- Participates in the definition of equipment engineered rates
and the review of new process equipment.
- Participates in the implementation of moderate sized capital
projects; may be responsible for project subsets.
- Understands opportunities for OEE improvements and contributes
to OEE improvement initiatives.
- Perform all other duties and special projects as
assigned.REQUIREMENTS OF THE MANUFACTURING PROCESS ENGINEER
- Four-year college degree in an Engineering discipline
preferred.-- Two-year college degree and/or three or more years
engineering support experience.---- High School Diploma
- Machining experience and materials knowledge or electrical /
programming (PLC, HMI) and automation experience preferred.
- Working experience in MS Office - including Outlook, Word and
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills,
interpersonal skills, problem solving and project management skills
and the ability to train and develop others.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and make appropriate
decisions and perform assignments with moderate supervision.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced production environment with
frequently changing priorities and deadlines. Carpenter Technology
Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits
package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending
accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as
well as many other options to employees.Carpenter Technology
Corporation's policy is to fully and effectively maintain a program
of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all
employees, to employ affirmative action for all protected classes,
and to recruit and develop the best qualified persons available
regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity,
sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political
affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. The
Company also will recruit, develop and provide opportunities for
qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans.
Keywords: Carpenter Technology, Reading , Manufacturing Process Engineer, Engineering , Reading, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...