Company: Carpenter Technology
Posted on: September 9, 2023
Carpenter Technology Corporation is a leading producer and
distributor of premium specialty alloys, including titanium alloys,
nickel and cobalt based superalloys, stainless steels, alloy steels
and tool steels. Carpenter's high-performance materials and
advanced process solutions are an integral part of critical
applications used within the aerospace, transportation, medical and
energy markets, among other markets. Building on its history of
innovation, Carpenter's wrought, and powder technology capabilities
support a range of next-generation products and manufacturing
techniques, including novel magnetic materials and additive
manufacturing.CIVIL ENGINEERPrimary Duties for the Civil
- Leads the identification and recommendation of the purchase,
modification, and improvement of varied equipment.
- Manages all aspects of large cross-functional project and is
responsible for cost, schedule, performance, and deliverables for
the entire project.
- Defines the scope of the project and selects team members from
within and outside of their discipline.
- Leads the completion of engineering & design work related to
the installation and retrofit of varied, complex equipment.
- Ensures that advanced day-to-day equipment troubleshooting
support is provided to Maintenance.
- Leads the development of standards, processes, and procedures
within the department.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to less experienced Engineers
- May provide day-to-day direction to Engineering staff.--
- Perform all other duties and special projects as
assigned.Required for the Civil Engineer
- Four-year college required.
- 10+ years of relevant experience.--
- Some travel may be requiredPreferred for the Civil Engineer.
- PE License strongly preferred
- Effectively organizes and manages projects or teams, including
coordination of resources outside of own area. Forecasts and plans
resource requirements for projects or teams.
- Monitors and implements) controls costs for own work and may
manage costs/budgets for large projects or areas.
- Expert understanding of steel and concrete analysis and design
of industrial buildings, building foundations, large industrial
equipment foundations and crane runways.
- Expert knowledge of storm water, sanitary systems, property
maps and surveying preferred.
- Expert knowledge of latest ACI, AISC and IBC codes
- Expert understanding of CAD, Word and Excel
- Expert knowledge of latest governing codes (i.e.: NFPA, ASME,
SAE, AIST, JIC, etc.)
- Experiences in applying sound engineering and design principles
in development of manufacturing processes, process equipment and
- Knowledge of water recirculation cooling systems, compressed
air and pneumatic systems, vacuum systems, hydraulic systems
(pumps, valves, and control), and natural gas combustion
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal
skills and presentation skills.
- Willingness to work in a fast paced, ever changing work
environment.Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive
salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life,
medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability
coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other
options to employees.Carpenter Technology Corporation's policy is
to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal employment
opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ
affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit and
develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age,
race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation,
marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other
characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit,
develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with
disabilities and protected veterans.
Keywords: Carpenter Technology, Reading , Civil Engineer, Engineering , Reading, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!