Company: CARPENTER TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION
Posted on: April 18, 2019
Carpenter Technology Corporation is a leading producer and
distributor of premium specialty alloys, including titanium alloys,
nickel and cobalt based superalloys, stainless steels, alloy steels
and tool steels. Carpenter's high-performance materials and
advanced process solutions are an integral part of critical
applications used within the aerospace, transportation, medical and
energy markets, among other markets. Building on its history of
innovation, Carpenter's powder technology capabilities support a
range of next-generation products and manufacturing techniques,
including additive manufacturing and 3D printing.
NDT ENGINEER - Reading, PA
- Proactively improve NDT and other processes and product Quality
at Carpenter increase First Time Through (FTT) using quality best
practices. The individual will drive the establishment of Critical
to Quality measures (CTQ), Key Process Characteristics (KPC), Key
Control Characteristics (KCC) control plans and FMEA.
- Increase customer satisfaction by reducing claims, remakes,
scrap and deviations from standard work.
- Improve critical work center Overall Equipment Effectiveness
- Establish a framework for gathering and synthesizing data to
effectively detect and solve quality issues to prevent recurrence
using appropriate quality strategies, tools, and techniques.
Stabilize NDT and other processes and implement process controls to
establish and maintain process capability using statistical
- Master complex NDT, inspection, measurement and sampling
methods and lead efforts to method improvements (MSA). Facilitate
developing robust processes as part of the New Product Introduction
- Establish and implement calibrations, tests, analysis, and
evaluation of NDT processes. Administers and participates in the
establishment of a program for preventative maintenance and
calibration of production NDT equipment. Maintain records, logs and
other formal documentation required for specific nondestructive
calibrations, evaluations and certification.
- Administers and participates in the establishment of the
qualification program for NDT personnel and procedures.
- Review NDT specifications accompanying customer orders or
inquiries and assist in the review of specification of NDT.
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Four-year degree preferred, High School Diploma and advanced
education required. 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Must be qualified and certifiable to NDT Level III in the UT
method. Must possess or obtain ASNT and Carpenter Level III
credentials within 6 months.
- Requires in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in NDT. Will
need to obtain and maintain ASNT Level III status in all required
nondestructive test methods.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communications, excellent
interpersonal and customer service related skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever changing production work
environment. Ability to perform independent work on larger
assignments with minimal coaching from higher level engineer,
supervisor or manager.
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a
comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental,
vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with
company contributions as well as many other options to
Carpenter Technology Corporation's policy is to fully and
effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and
nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action
for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best
qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color,
religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status,
national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic
protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and
provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and
Keywords: CARPENTER TECHNOLOGY CORPORATION, Reading , NDT Engineer, Engineering , Reading, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!