Director of Product Cost Improvement and Special Project
Posted on: January 17, 2020
EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for
industrial applications. We have over thirty manufacturing and
assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more
than 100 countries. Worldwide headquarters are located in Reading,
PA, USA with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. We
complement our extensive line of Motive Power and Energy Systems
with a full range of integrated services and systems. With sales
and service locations throughout the world, and over 100 years of
battery experience, EnerSys is the power/full solution for stored
DC power products. We continue to grow in our industry by ensuring
all employees possess the following core competencies: customer
focused, team player, engaged, ethical, strong communication
skills, and works safely.
Ensures the integrity of standard costing system, product cost, and
inventory valuation. Major responsibilities include analyzing,
reconciling, and controlling inventory, cost of sales, product
margins, and productivity. The position focuses on the continuous
improvement of spending, balance sheet risk/opportunity, and
product profitability in accordance with corporate policy and
business objectives. This position requires day-to-day involvement
with the Manufacturing and Service Operations, Supply Chain, and
Product Development organization as well as our Accounting and
Finance teams throughout the Americas. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
* Perform and/or coordinate all cost accounting activities
including standard cost development, margin analysis, productivity
analysis, inventory control, stock takes, variance analysis, slow
moving and obsolete inventory analysis, analysis of cost drivers,
etc. across all Americas business units.
* Ability to extract, organize, analyze, and report data in a
manner that is useful and relevant for making business decisions
with the use of various IT systems (i.e., local ERP systems
including SAP, data warehouses, etc.).
* Partner with relevant business teams to determine proper handling
of financial transactions and approve transactions within
* Maintain a working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting
Principles and monitor compliance with these principles and company
* Manage a team of direct and indirect reports across locations to
ensure the successful completion of routine and project based
activities on time. Provide training, guidance and general support
* Takes responsibility for maintaining a safe working environment
by following safety procedures, using personal protective equipment
as appropriate, being aware of surroundings, and correcting or
reporting potential safety hazards.
* Support continuous improvement efforts with the team and promote
healthy, respectful communications.
* Other projects, tasks, and duties as assigned.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENT: Travel will vary in intensity and could involve
extended trips both domestic and internationally to support various
projects and initiatives. Travel is not expected to be a routine
aspect of the position. QUALIFICATIONS
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor Degree in accounting, finance or related field.
* 7+ years of progressive related experience in a corporate
environment or with a national public accounting firm
* Experience preparing and reviewing journal entries, account
reconciliations and general accounting close procedures.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office applications; experience with
enterprise resource planning systems (i.e., SAP) and data
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Knowledge of GAAP
* Knowledge of cost accounting principles
* Knowledge of foreign currency and impact on accounting.
* Ability to communicate (orally and in writing) in a professional
manner when dealing with employees and management both inside and
outside the finance department.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Yes
EnerSys is always looking to hire top talent. EEOEM/F/D/V
Nearest Major Market: Reading PA
Keywords: Enersys, Reading , Director of Product Cost Improvement and Special Project, Executive , Reading, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!