NPI Sourcing Manager
Posted on: May 16, 2020
EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for
industrial applications. We have over thirty manufacturing and
assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more
than 100 countries. Worldwide headquarters are located in Reading,
PA, USA with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. We
complement our extensive line of Motive Power and Energy Systems
with a full range of integrated services and systems. With sales
and service locations throughout the world, and over 100 years of
battery experience, EnerSys is the power/full solution for stored
DC power products. We continue to grow in our industry by ensuring
all employees possess the following core competencies: customer
focused, team player, engaged, ethical, strong communication
skills, and works safely.
The NPI Procurement organization at EnerSys is responsible for the
assistance in sourcing and purchasing activities for New Product
Introduction. The NPI Purchasing Manager will lead the NPI Sourcing
Project implementation and VE project plan for assigned projects.
Will act as the focal point in sourcing to communicate the
preferred supplier capabilities to the design teams and program
managers throughout the NPI process. The manager is responsible for
ensuring timely deliveries for internal customers and NPI project
deliverables. Works closely with the Category Manager to align
activities to the commodity specific strategic strategy. Implements
Supply Chain Management strategy to drive commercial leverage,
achieve lowest total costs, ensure effective asset management,
continuously improve quality, delivery, and cycle time performance,
and ensure supplier involvement in product development. Develops
and drives the NPI and VE Sourcing project plan for assigned
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develop a process Establish NPI Purchasing goals, metrics, and
work plans to meet operational objectives.
* Recommend solutions to business problems and/or identify
opportunities for improvement, and present ideas to senior
* Motivate, coach, and inspire team members to optimal performance
and career growth.
* Delegate work, set high standards of performance, and assign
clear accountability and roles for own team members.
* Drive process and system improvements to enhance purchasing
efficiency, cost, and compliance.
* Build and maintain supplier relationships and drive improvement
in the areas of cost, risk, and quality.
* Ensure appropriate supply agreements are in place and guide NPI
team how to monitor adherence to the terms of the agreement.
* Educate NPI team regarding best negotiation positions for EnerSys
and provide stakeholders with a balanced view of contract risk and
* Educate suppliers on the mechanics of doing business with
* Identify and resolve various supplier management problems.
* Support selection of new suppliers.
* Develop cost savings proposals and interact closely with
suppliers, and Strategic Sourcing Managers, to achieve the cost
* Contribute to spend category management strategies and action
* Identify and lead resolution on technical, operational, and
* Prepare spreadsheets and graphs that can communicate complex
* Understand Illumina s categorization of parts and suppliers,
under area of responsibility, and identify when regulatory advice
should be sought for changes.
* Follow governance processes and Purchasing Controls systems to
ensure compliance with Illumina s Quality Management System.
* Experience and expertise in Master Data parameters and Master
Data set up
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential
functions to this position; however, business conditions may
require reasonable accommodations for additional task and
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
* Thorough knowledge of procurement, sourcing, and supplier
* Experience with the use of enabling systems (PTC / SAP) to track
progress, identify gaps, and develop plans to address.
* Project Management
* NPI Experience
* Strong organizational skills.
* Ability to work and interact with departments throughout the
organization, with minimal supervision.
* Customer focused, able to collaborate and influence others to
drive actions to meet business needs while maintaining a positive,
* Demonstrate integrity and reliability.
* Ability to deal effectively with pressure, multiple tasks,
deadlines, and rapidly changing priorities.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills with requisite
interpersonal skills to partner, collaborate and build
relationships with business partners, suppliers, and regional
* Facilitate meetings effectively ensuring that communication
styles are appropriate given the differing needs of culturally
diverse, global teams.
* International sourcing and supplier management experience;
preferably in area of responsibility.
* Proficient in use of Microsoft Office (Project, Word, Excel,
* Requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a
Bachelor s degree; or 3 years and a Master s degree; or equivalent
* Electronics Engineering will be a plus as well as experience with
GENERAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
EnerSys is always looking to hire top talent. EEOEM/F/D/V
Nearest Major Market: Reading PA
Keywords: Enersys, Reading , NPI Sourcing Manager, Executive , Reading, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!