Manager In Training
Company: Royer's flowers & gifts
Posted on: January 8, 2021
"A florist exists to help people make important emotional
statements, frequently on very short notice. We consider it a
privilege to be trusted with that responsibility." - Ken
RoyerRoyer's flowers & gifts is 80 years old and still we're still
growing! With 19 retail locations and two distribution hubs in two
states, we are offering opportunities for you to join our team of
over 300 flower professionals. Still family-owned and operated, we
are a leader in the floral industry and we're seeking goal-oriented
individuals who desire a meaningful career that brings comfort and
joy into people's lives.Whether you have retail management
experience but are looking for a change (enjoying a specialty
retail environment without a 24/7/365 schedule) OR you're
interested in developing the skills to learn how to manage a flower
shop but don't have all the background you need just yet, then we
are looking for you!Learn the business, and the craft, from the
ground up by combining on-the-job assignments with formal classroom
training, as well as training in floral design from our experts.
Successful candidates enjoy a fast-paced & creative environment,
have strong people skills, thrive on challenges, are motivated to
manage a business and are team players. We offer a flexible
schedule of 36-40+ hours a week, with more hours during floral
holidays and other busy times.Benefits include paid vacations,
holidays, personal day, Life and AD&D insurance, 401(k), profit
sharing, 30% floral discount and opportunities for advancement.
Health, Dental, additional Life and AD&D, STD and LTD insurance
also available.Interested? We'd LOVE for you to join our
- Pass all required evaluations in design.
- Able to work a flexible schedule of 36-40+ hours/week
(additional time required during floral holidays, potentially 50-70
- Possess a high school diploma. Additional education or related
business experience preferred.
- Possess a valid drivers' license.
- Able to acquire the skills to manage, lead and supervise
- Able to lift and carry up to 50+ lbs.
- Able to demonstrate creativity, leadership and team player
- Must be a quick learner.
- Sign a No Competition Agreement. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Learn all aspects of design.
- Learn to manage a Retail Operation.
- Oversee daily operations of department in the absence of the
Manager or Assistant Manager.
- Attend periodic manager meetings.
- Order materials as needed.
- Oversee and assist in the stocking of flowers, giftware,
plants, containers, etc.
- Work as a designer.
- Maintain stock of standard arrangements, feature containers,
giftware and supplies.
- Handle customer complaints when the manager is not
- Other duties as assigned. E.O.E.We do pre-employment drug
Keywords: Royer's flowers & gifts, Reading , Manager In Training, Executive , Reading, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!