Information Systems Manager
Company: Service 1st Federal Credit Union
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Responsible for planning organizing and coordinating all
Information Systems (IS) under the direction of the Chief
Information Officer (CIO). Overall responsibility for maintaining
the networks, servers, operating systems, core processing systems
and communication links. Responsible for managing the staff and
resources dedicated to supporting office automation, PCs and
end-user equipment, network and systems security and database
Leads IS support that is necessary to maintain leading digital
solutions, tools, and services. Consults with management and
departments to eliminate pain points and provide the best possible
experience for users. Researching and recommends emerging
electronic delivery trands and member service tools. Collaborates
with the AVP Digital Services on planning, implementing, and
evaluating elements of the digital member experience. Service 1st's
digital solutions include (but are not limited to) online banking,
mobile banking, digital loan and deposit applications, membership,
internet services and websites offered by the credit union and
credit union partners, and internal and external tools used by
Works closely with IS staff to troubleshoot, install, and maintain
hardware, software and other IS services.
Serves as a member of the Credit Union's Management Team and as
back up to the Chief Information Officer.
- E 25% Troubleshoots end user issues, completes help desk
tickets, installs software and hardware, and completes routine IS
technical tasks or projects.
- E 20% Manages and delegates work related to planning,
implementing, maintaining and otherwise supporting the core system,
PC hardware and software products, wide area communications,
database systems, network and systems security and access
- E 10% Collaborates with AVP Digital Services to research,
analyze and identify new opportunities and trends for electronic
delivery services including those of competitors as well as those
inside and outside the financial services industry.
- E 10% Hires, reviews, schedules, trains, and monitors the work
of the IS staff. Conducts performance reviews and allocates
resources to meet operational needs within the department.
- E 10% Participates in the Information Systems department daily
duties and on-call rotation to respond to afterhours and weekend
- E 10% Participates in short and long-range planning for the
department to select and utilize appropriate technologies to meet
the evolving needs of the Credit Union and its members.
- E 10% Directs significant special projects as required.
- N 5% Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Supervise Information Systems staff and monitors activity
within the department to ensure quality service is provided to
employee and members adjusting workloads as necessary. Responsible
for training, motivating, scheduling, coordinating and evaluating
staff including making recommendations concerning hiring, promoting
and terminating employees.
- Works as a senior technician to solve end user issues, install,
monitor and maintain applications and hardware.
- Ensures the day to day tasks of all credit union information
systems, including in-house systems, programming, networking, and
installations operate smoothly and support the credit union's goals
- Collaborates with the AVP Digital Services to research, analyze
and identify new opportunities and industry trends in technology
and electronic delivery services to ensure the credit union remains
competitive in its product and service offerings. Keep abreast of
the changing trends in technology to include hardware, networks and
network tools, software and systems.
- In coordination with the CIO, work to evaluate and/or design
new systems, applications, networks, or other technology tools that
support credit union growth, enhance services to members and
provide efficient work processes for employees.
- Lead activities related to developing, updating, monitoring and
continuously ensuring compliance with the disaster recovery plan,
risk assessment/management, computer security and loss prevention
plans, antivirus and firewall protection, etc.
- Provide direction and work with the Information Systems team to
upgrade and maintain all computer hardware, software, systems tools
and peripherals such as printers, scanners and other external
- Direct department activity related to network vulnerability
scanning and remediation. Follow security and patch management
procedures to mitigate risks. A strong understanding of network and
application security is required.
- Maintain technical and user knowledge of all current digital
systems available to members and employees. These systems include
but are not limited to:
- Online account access applications - Online Banking
- Mobile account access applications - Mobile Banking
- Online Membership and Online Loan applications
- Internet Services and Website - service1.org, social media
sites, knowledge base tools, partner websites, etc.
- Vendor Services - card services, third party payment solutions,
mobile deposit services, etc.
- Internal and External Tools used by staff
- VoIP systems, chat, email, internal knowledge base, employee
Help Desk System, etc.
- Collaborates with various departments including Leadership,
Information Systems, Operations, Marketing, Lending and Member
Services to provide creative solutions and process improvements in
the execution of the electronic delivery strategy to exceed member
expectations and achieve business objectives.
- Plans for and ensures proper and timely execution of testing,
maintenance, implementation and troubleshooting of information
systems, disaster recovery solutions, system security tools and
- Assist with ensuring the IS staff utilizes technology to
provide all credit union staff with a fast, accurate and secure
method to access information, in order that members can be served
in a highly efficient and effective manner.
- Fosters an atmosphere of cooperation and collaboration among
employees across all departments. Ensure support is provided by the
IS team to both internal and external contacts in a professional,
courteous and timely manner.
- Serves as a member of the Credit Union's Management Team and as
a back up to the Chief Information Officer.
- Represents the credit union in the communities we serve and in
the credit union community by attending community events, civic
functions, credit union council meetings, etc. When appropriate,
assumes leadership roles on committees and civic
- Travel as needed to branch locations to ensure level of service
meets credit union's quality service standards.
- Participate in training and professional development activities
to acquire and maintain standards established by the credit union.
This could include attending conferences, seminars and workshops as
directed by management.
- Becomes familiar with and abides by all credit union policies,
procedures and guidelines set forth by the credit union.
- Must comply with government and other regulations affecting the
credit union industry, including but not limited to the Bank
Secrecy Act and The USA Patriot Act.
Knowledge And Skills
Five years to eight years of similar or related experience working
in an information systems or technology role. Prior experience in a
financial institution and knowledge of credit union policies and
regulations as well as federal and state regulations related to the
industry is strongly preferred. Prior project management and
supervisory experience is also preferred.
Education Equivalent to a college degree (BS or BA in a relevant
Interpersonal Skills A significant level of trust and diplomacy is
required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves
extensive personal contact with others and is usually of a personal
or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating, influencing or
training others. Outside contacts become important and fostering
sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or
individuals) becomes necessary and often requires the ability to
influence and/or sell ideas or services to others.
- Previous information technology experience including networks,
PCs, data communications, mainframe and PC programming and data
- Technical planning, project management and supervisory
- Ability to discuss technical issues effectively with other
information systems professionals as well as non-technical
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work and travel independently and use general office
equipment, communicate with others and make presentations.
- Possess a passion for digital solutions and be eager and
enthusiastic about improving the digital experience for
- Required the ability to apply innovative and creative problem
solving techniques to a variety of member, employee, system and
- Involves sitting most of the time. Walking and standing are
- Requires the expression or exchanging of ideas by means of the
spoken word to communicate with members using the telephone.
- Requires the ability to perceive the nature of sounds at normal
speaking levels with or without correction, and have the ability to
receive detailed information through oral communication, including
making fine discrimination in sound.
- Repetitive finger movements to perform typing or otherwise
working with paper files and documents.
- Requires close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and
figures; view a computer terminal; read; and assess work
- Requires exertion of up to 20 pounds of force occasionally to
move objects. On rare occasions, up to 80 pounds of force to move
servers and equipment with assistance if necessary.
Work Environment Not substantially exposed to adverse environmental
Service 1st Federal Credit Union provides equal opportunity without
regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color,
religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
applicable law in employment and in our business activities.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Service 1st Federal Credit Union, Reading , Information Systems Manager, Executive , Danville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!