Company: Carpenter Technology
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Carpenter Technology Corporation is a leading producer and
distributor of premium specialty alloys, including titanium alloys,
nickel and cobalt based superalloys, stainless steels, alloy steels
and tool steels. Carpenter Technology's high-performance materials
and advanced process solutions are an integral part of critical
applications used within the aerospace, transportation, medical and
energy markets, among other markets. Building on its history of
innovation, Carpenter Technology's wrought and powder technology
capabilities support a range of next-generation products and
manufacturing techniques, including novel magnetic materials and
additive manufacturing.TECHNOLOGY MANAGERLocation: Reading,
PAPRIMARY DUTIES for the TECHNOLOGY MANAGER
- Develop and lead Bar and Wire Product Metallurgy. Establish
goals and objectives in support of the SAO plan aimed at producing
a reliable, cost-effective, consistent, quality product for our
- Participate with leadership team in the development of short-
and long-term plans for Bar and Wire Product Metallurgy and ensure
performance against plan.
- Collaborate with Operations leadership to identify and execute
improvement opportunities for quality, lead time and waste
Develop and direct assigned Technology group. Working with manager,
establish goals and objectives in support of the SAO plan aimed at
producing a reliable, cost-effective, consistent, quality product
for our customers.
- Participate with manager in the development of short and long
term plans for assigned Technology group and ensures performance
- Manage to ensure that expeditious metallurgical support is
provided, when required, to Manufacturing, R&D, and other
departments as necessary.
- Evaluate, and execute when appropriate, requests for
- Develop and maintain strong cooperative and productive working
relationships with peers, subordinates and superiors in all
- Works with manager to develop knowledge and skills in the areas
of strategy/plan development and alignment as well as leadership of
broad quality improvement initiatives.
- Perform all other duties and special projects as
assigned.REQUIRED for the TECHNOLOGY MANAGER
- Four-year degree in Material Science, Metallurgical Engineer or
- 10+ years of experience in a technical or R&D staff
- Proven track record of executing business plans and achieving
- Strong awareness of new technology related to the
business.PREFERRED for the TECHNOLOGY MANAGER
- Experience managing a staff preferred with strong coaching and
mentoring skills. Willing to coach, give performance feedback and
provide development opportunities within area of
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, presentation
skills, problem solving skills and project management skills.
- Ability to organize, prioritize tasks and make appropriate
technical and business decisions that are aligned to the company's
- Ability to identify and resolve complex technical, operational
and organization problems.
- Open and candid communication style with a willingness to
strongly challenge decision making processes prior to action.
- Self-starter who can creatively drive continuous improvement on
their own initiative.Carpenter Technology Company offers a
competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including
life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts,
disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as
many other options to employees.Carpenter Technology Corporation's
policy is to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal
employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to
employ affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit
and develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age,
race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation,
marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other
characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit,
develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with
disabilities and protected veterans.
Keywords: Carpenter Technology, Reading , Technology Manager, Executive , Reading, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!