Premium Audit Manager (REMOTE)
Company: Selective Insurance Group, Inc.
Posted on: June 25, 2022
A new job is a big decision. Don't work just anywhere. Be
Selective is a midsized U.S. domestic property and casualty
insurance company with a history of strong financial performance
for over 95 years. Focused on exceptional employee and customer
experience, we are frequently recognized for awards and honors,
including being named to Forbes' 2021 Best Workplaces in Financial
Services and Insurance list.
We genuinely care about each other, our customers, and the
communities in which we operate. Our leaders actively champion
career development and invite us to voice unique ideas and diverse
perspectives. If that sounds appealing, we think you would feel
inspired on our team to achieve and be rewarded for extraordinary
Selective Insurance is seeking a Premium Audit Manager who will
manage regional premium audit operations. This is a remote position
but the candidate should be located in the Mid-Atlantic area.
This individual will oversee the premium audit cycle, manage audit
vendor relationships, review and resolve audit disputes, and
collaborate with leadership to direct teams in assuring strategic,
operational, and developmental goals of the function are met. This
individual will also lead and direct commercial premium audit
activities for customer segments and all lines of business,
ensuring effective delivery of service to all levels and external
* Leads and directs all work activities for the regional premium
audit team and has full management responsibility for the team,
which includes the performance and development of staff in
accordance with corporate strategic direction.
* Serves as a regional technical resource on all premium audit
* Coach, mentor, and motivate a remote staff by setting performance
objectives and goals for employees and managing their performance
* Review, negotiate, and manage vendor contracts.
* Responsible for building and maintaining relationships with
regional premium audit vendors.
* Ensure that each individual vendor's audit guidelines are aligned
with Selective's audit objectives and policy wording.
* Evaluate the quality and effectiveness of the premium audit
* Establish procedures and controls to ensure accomplishment of
* Develop and oversee training plans for new and less experienced
premium audit members.
* Manage the operations of the premium audit group to ensure a high
degree of accuracy on a timely basis.
* Manage internal and field based premium audit staff.
* Act as liaison with other departments such as claims,
underwriting, accounting, and safety management.
* Provide guidance to agents and other departments.
* Reinforce the ease of doing business with Selective by meeting or
exceeding agent expectations and service quality on a consistent
* Reconciles discrepancies between audit information and policy
* Make decisions regarding disputed audits, classifications and
application of rules.
* Communicate with executive management regarding all pertinent
operations to support effective leadership and direction for the
* Participate in Selective committees and teams related to premium
* Ensure compliance with Workers Compensation Bureau Test Audit
program requirements and resolve test audit differences.
* Ensure regional compliance with internal audit and other
* Maintain documentation of compliance.
* Maintain familiarity with all insurance manuals, premium audit
manuals, handbooks, guides and related materials.
* Perform quality reviews in compliance with established company
Quality Assurance guidelines.
* Reviews audits to ensure they are completed in compliance with
guidelines and make recommendations for improvement.
* Develop, oversee, and coordinate the training process for new
hires, as well as in-service training of field staff.
* Partner with the Business Segment Unit (BSU) and software
developer in the design, implementation, testing, and roll out of
premium audit software system.
* College degree preferred.
* 7+ years Premium Audit management or field audit experience
* Must be able to effectively communicate premium audit decisions
to agents and insureds.
* Maintains familiarity with all insurance manuals, premium audit
manuals, handbooks, guides and related materials.
* Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
* Intermediate to advanced PC skills required including auditing
software, Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Possesses strong interpersonal skills.
* Able to climb stairs and occasionally carry 20 pounds.
* May require overnight travel.
* Must have valid state-issued driver's license in good
Selective is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. That means
we respect and value every individual's unique opinions, beliefs,
abilities, and perspectives. We are committed to promoting a
welcoming culture that celebrates diverse talent, individual
identity, different points of view and experiences - and empowers
employees to contribute new ideas that support our continued and
growing success. Building a highly engaged team is one of our core
strategic imperatives, which we believe is enhanced by diversity,
equity, and inclusion. We expect and encourage all employees and
all of our business partners to embrace, practice, and monitor the
attitudes, values, and goals of acceptance; address biases; and
foster diversity of viewpoints and opinions.
Selective maintains a drug-free workplace.
Keywords: Selective Insurance Group, Inc., Reading , Premium Audit Manager (REMOTE), Executive , Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!