Sr. Manager - Finance Reporting - $120K+/Yr
Company: Armstrong World Industries
Posted on: August 8, 2022
Primary location: Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Relocation offered: Yes
Employment status: Full-Time
Salary: $120,500 to $180,250 (based on skills and years of relevant
What does it mean to work at Armstrong?
It means being immersed in a supportive culture that recognizes you
as a key player in Armstrong's future. We are a large company with
a local feel, where you will get to know and collaborate with
leadership and your colleagues across the company.
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your
potential. Alongside a competitive remuneration package, you will
- A benefits package including: medical, dental, prescription
drug, life insurance, 401k match, long-term disability coverage,
vacation and sick time, product discount programs and many
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your
strengths and interests.
- A casual work environment where we have a recognition program
for our team, and service awards. You will also be able to make the
most of our fitness center and lunchtime cafe.
- A working culture that balances individual achievement with
teamwork and collaboration. We draw on each other's strengths and
allow for different work styles to build engagement and
satisfaction to deliver results.
As a Sr Manager, External Reporting, you will report to the Vice
President & Controller and be solely responsible for managing the
preparation of our SEC filings, including the 10-K, and 10-Qs as
well as oversight of all company-wide accounting policies,
including researching and concluding on technical accounting
What you'll be doing:
- Lead the process for the Quarterly and Annual Reports on Form
10-Q/K; file Form 8K documents as necessary; owns the relationship
with outside service providers to oversee filing of SEC documents;
serves on the company Disclosure Committee
- Communicate US GAAP developments to senior management and other
- Record accounting entries related to annual cash incentive and
share-based incentive plans; develops associated budgets and
forecasts; owns relationship with third party record keeper
- Review accounting performed by Technical Accounting Analyst,
including, deferred compensation plan, derivative and lease
- Review annual goodwill and intangible asset impairment
- Serve as main accounting liaison with outside actuary for
defined benefit pension, post-retirement plan and post-employment
plans; reviews necessary accounting entries and develops associated
budgets and forecasts
- Assist the Business Development Finance Team to ensure proper
purchase accounting for newly acquired entities
- Lead efforts to implement disclosure policies and procedures
related to the Company's sustainability program
- Serve as a key contact for external auditors
- Oversee annual employee benefit plan audits, including
preparation of annual financial statements
- Maintain comprehensive worldwide accounting policy database and
publishes technical accounting memorandums, as needed, including
annual revenue recognition review
Requirements that will make you successful:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 6+ years of experience working in a public accounting firm and
with SEC filing and reporting.
- Experience with acquisition and divestiture accounting
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP and SEC regulations, combined
with the ability to research and propose company positions on
complex accounting issues
- Ability to succeed in a demanding environment and manage well
through tight deadlines
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact comfortably &
respectfully with all personnel levels
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or
- Knowledge of SAP general ledger and OneStream software
Why should you join Armstrong World Industries?
Armstrong World Industries (AWI) is a leader in the design and
manufacture of innovative commercial and residential ceiling, wall
and suspension system solutions in the Americas. With approximately
$1B in revenue, AWI has about 2,800 employees and a manufacturing
network of fifteen facilities in North America.
At home, at work, in healthcare facilities, classrooms, stores, or
restaurants, we offer interior solutions that help to enhance
comfort, save time, improve building efficiency and overall
performance, and create beautiful spaces.
For more than 150 years, we have built our business on trust and
integrity. It set us apart then, and it sets us apart now, along
with our ability to collaborate with and innovate for the people
we're here to serve - our customers, our shareholders, our
communities and our employees.
We are committed to developing new and sustainable ceiling
solutions, with design and performance possibilities that make a
positive difference in spaces where we live, work, learn, heal and
play. It's an exciting, rewarding business to be in, and we're
committed to continue to grow and prosper for the benefit of all of
our stakeholders. We hope you join us.
Our Sustainability Ambition
"Bringing our Purpose to Life" - lead a transformation in the
design and building of spaces fit for today and tomorrow.
We are committed to:
- Engaging a diverse, purpose-driven workforce;
- Transforming buildings from structures that shelter into
structures that serve and preserve the health and well-being of
people and planet;
- Pursuing sustainable, innovative solutions for spaces where we
live, work, learn heal and play;
- Being a catalyst for change with all of our stakeholders;
- Making a positive difference in the environments and
communities we impact.
About the location (Lancaster PA)
Lancaster, PA. A great central location in South Central
Pennsylvania, Lancaster is ideally situated for easy access to
major metropolitan cities such as Philadelphia, Baltimore,
Washington DC, and New York City. Lancaster offers a vibrant arts
and entertainment community with wonderful historic sites,
B&Bs, museums, great shopping, entertainment venues and
Armstrong is committed to engaging a diverse, purpose-driven
workforce. As part of our dedication to diversity, AWI is committed
to Equal Employment Opportunity and all qualified applicants
receive consideration for employment without regard for race, sex,
color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran
status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and
disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need
assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact
us at by email at AWI talent acquisition and let us know the nature
of your request and your contact information. Requests for
accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Please
note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable
accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Come and build your future with us and apply today!
Job Segment: Accounting, Recruiting, CPA, ERP, SAP, Finance, Human
Keywords: Armstrong World Industries, Reading , Sr. Manager - Finance Reporting - $120K+/Yr, Executive , Ephrata, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!