ACME - Store Director - District 3
Company: ACME Markets
Location: Chester Springs
Posted on: September 24, 2022
The Store Director's purpose is to efficiently manage the
operations of the store by developing and implementing strategies
in achieving maximum sales and earnings while
coaching/training/developing associates in order to maximize
effectiveness. -Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities * Leads,
directs, coaches and assist associates throughout the store in
performing their duties
* Works with and through team to follow and enforce company
standards for friendly, prompt and courteous customer service by
ensuring that all associates assist customers in locating and when
necessary, retrieving merchandise in the store; create and maintain
an exceptional customer service culture in their store
* Manages the overall proficient operation of the store and assists
in the corporation's plans to increase store sales, profits, and
* Monitors store expenses and ensures that expense target are
* Works with Assistant Store Director and Department Managers to
strategize in achieving weekly sales and earnings objectives
* Drives for results to achieve company sales and earnings
* Engages and expects our associates to live the Greet, Offer and
Thank principles to create an exceptional customer focus culture in
* Creates a culture where associates are trusted and empowered to
* Creates a cohesive environment of teamwork and collaboration
where associates value one
another and understand how they can contribute to the overall
success of the store
* Develops associates by teaching/coaching/mentoring and training
towards specific roles and
goals in order to increase the talent for the organization
* Influences store team to accomplish specific goals with regular
and consistent communication in person and in written form
* Organizes and plans for current and long term goals along with
having a contingency plan for unpredictable outcomes
* Readily adapts in response to customer needs, to changes in
schedules, and work priorities.
* Adapts to new technology and be proficient in its operation
* Learns, understands, and applies the information contained in
company manuals, policies and practices related to store
* Is resourceful and knowledgeable to answer associate and
* Builds relationships with the customers and maintains customer
* Readily understands and utilizes P&L, sales, purchases, labor
and cost reporting to impact results
* Brings a broader perspective on how the business works outside of
the industry and applies the
business knowledge to maximize sales
* Obtains necessary licenses needed for store operations such as
Food Safety and Sanitation License. -Scope Number of Associates
Supervised: Directly: 1 Assistant Store Director and 4 -- 10
Indirectly: All other store associates. Job Requirements
Relevant Experience, Education, Certification, Knowledge, Skills
* Experience as an Assistant Store Director.
* College Degree preferred.
* Requires a thorough understanding of store operations and Company
practices, policies and procedures.
* Ability to work varying shifts and days of the week (may include
evenings, weekends, early morning or late shifts).
* Requires the ability to interpret profit and loss statements.
Requires the knowledge and ability to implement emergency
procedures in the event of equipment and computer software
* Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time. Ability to
reach, lift, stack and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and
weights up to approximately 55 lbs. Ability to push and pull fully
loaded hand trucks and pallet jacks. Manual dexterity and good
eye-hand coordination are necessary. Requires the physical ability
to be able to cover for various positions throughout the store as
* May occasionally be exposed to temperatures of approximately -20*
Fahrenheit, 28* Fahrenheit, and 35* Fahrenheit, while handling
products in freezers, coolers and display cases. Temperatures of
approximately 150* Fahrenheit while handling products in hot cases.
Most work is performed in a temperature-controlled store
* Incumbent may use calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other
office equipment in the course of normal workday.
* Incumbent may sit for periods of time at desk or computer
terminal. The above statements are intended to describe the general
nature of the work performed by the employees assigned to this job.
All employees must comply with Company policy and applicable laws.
The responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel
Keywords: ACME Markets, Reading , ACME - Store Director - District 3, Executive , Chester Springs, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!