Distribution Center Third Shift Area Manager
Company: Cooper-Booth Wholesale Company
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Cooper-Booth Wholesale Company is looking for high-potential
leaders, who are ready to own their impact in Cooper-Booth
Wholesale Company and Transportation Co. as a front-line manager.
You will have your leadership capacity stretched to its full
potential. As a front-line leader, you will have an opportunity to
truly invest in others and develop a people-focused leadership
style, while mastering tools, processes, and operations.As an Area
Manager, you will have the opportunity to lead and develop your own
team of Cooper-Booth associates in a distribution environment.Your
focus will be motivating, mentoring, and coaching your team. As an
Area Manager, you will ensure that your team of Cooper-Booth
associates have all the tools needed to succeed for any task during
a shift. A core function of this role is engaging with your team
during a shift to ensure that the highest levels of safety,
quality, attendance, performance, and engagement are
maintained.Fulfillment is how we complete a customer's order
through picking, packing, shipping, and delivering their order to
meet or exceed their expectations.Schedule: 8 pm start time 12 hour
shifts (days to be determined)Job Requirements:
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and/or overnight
- Ability to work overtime both in peak season and as needed.Key
- Lead, manage, and develop a team of 30 to 50 Cooper-Booth
- Assist in the dispatching and routing of delivery trucks during
vacations and answer driver phone calls.
- Communicate policies to associates and act as the primary
information source for the team, maintaining compliance,
consistency, and taking corrective action when needed.
- Create, manage, and support recognition and communication
- Support all safety programs, and OSHA, DOT, and HAACP
compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all
- Ensure procedures are followed for building security and
product loss prevention.
- Partner with the management team to establish and maintain
quality control standards.
- Provide the management team with a written document at the end
of each shift listing the nights activities.
- Develop performance goals and objectives to ensure accuracy and
quality.Job Elements: Must be able to perform the following tasks,
with or without reasonable accommodation
- Stand/walk for 10 to 12 hours.
- Walk in/and around the warehouse with great frequency.
- Access all areas of the building, ascending and descending
ladders, stairs, and gangways safely and without limitation.
- Regularly bend, lift, stretch, and reach both below the waist
and above the head.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree and/or comparable experience managing and
leading others.Preferred Qualifications:
- Degree in business, operations, supply chain, management,
science, technology, engineering, math, or a related field.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment.
- Adept at analytical work and the ability to motivate others in
a deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to drive deep into data and provide thought-provoking,
workable business solutions.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- DOT knowledge preferred, but not required.
Keywords: Cooper-Booth Wholesale Company, Reading , Distribution Center Third Shift Area Manager, Executive , Mountville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!