DC Operations Manager
Company: Advance Auto Parts
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Job DescriptionThe DC Operations Manager is responsible for
ensuring a continuous stream of talent to sustain organizational
growth and improve operations by attracting, retaining, and
developing team members and meet their needs for career growth. The
Operations Manager operates under limited management supervision.
DC Operations Manager Job Duties include, but are not limited
- Regularly meet with the General Manager to discuss and review
work methods, procedures, and controls, and staffing to achieve
accurate and timely movement of product, recommend alternative
solutions as necessary; actively participate in conference calls as
needed and maintain strong presence in work location to assist and
resolve issues as required
- Direct responsibility for a DC Department (Inbound and/or
Outbound) with 150+ Team Member, including budgeting, P&L, and
- Partner with the GM and/or AGM to drive continuous improvement
and maximize efficiency gains to reduce overall costs; maintain a
strong working relationship with management team and other related
corporate partners; and regularly communicate with the facility
management on issues that arise and be able to react as
- Coach, train, and develop management team providing both
informal (e.g. on-floor coaching) and formal (e.g. written
evaluation) job performance based feedback.
- Conduct start-up meetings with Department Managers to discuss
daily results, directives/workloads, staffing needs, schedules,
safety/housekeeping issues, and work assignments
- Consistently monitor all safety procedures and ensure that all
corresponding personal protection equipment (PPE) is utilized
- 5 to 10 years prior leadership experience in a warehouse
- Previous work experience in a warehouse or distribution center
including material handling, inventory tracking, and providing work
direction to other teammates. Education:
- Associate Degree, or equivalent experience.
- Bi-Lingual skills preferred, but not required. Position is
eligible for bonus based on individual and group performance.
Keywords: Advance Auto Parts, Reading , DC Operations Manager, Executive , Kutztown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!