Director of IT Operations
Company: Boscov's, Inc.
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Boscov's- Director of IT Operations
- Thought leadership for a team responsible for supporting all
systems and the data center.
- Lead the development, implementation, and maintenance of
operational standards and procedures.
- Plan, direct, and manage the daily operations of the IT
- Recruit, supervise, and mentor operations team.
- Work with the Chief Information Officer to develop and
implement long-term strategic plans for implementing efficient and
cost-effective information processing and communication
- Balance operational needs of all production environments with
the opportunities of long-term strategic needs of the
- Identify in-efficiencies across IT systems and work across the
department to implement improvements to ensure efficient
performance. Prepare information regarding the operational costs
and productive levels of the systems supported.
- Be a resource for all IT teams for the appropriate
implementation of new systems and technology, as well as, system
- Enable staff to achieve all targets on a monthly and annual
- Establish clear metrics for operational excellence and a
- Communicate status of key initiatives and operational metrics
to senior management.
- Ensure compliance to all security policies and procedures for
- Champion changes to support the efficiency of staff.
- Assist with the development of strategic plans for various
technology platforms and assist in appropriate assessment of
- Prepare and implement various resource and budgetary plans
within the operations team.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, or related
- Ability to rapidly build a comprehensive knowledge of the
overall departmental function.
- Demonstrated experience with various technology platforms
including IBM Mainframe, Windows, Linux, AIX, Cloud (Azure/AWS) and
- Knowledge of helpdesk environments and service levels
- 5+ years of experience with IT Service Management (ITSM) using
Jira Service Management, ServiceNow or something
- 5+ years of ITIL experience
- ITIL certification a plus
- Advanced analytical, leadership, and problem-soving
- Ability to lead a project from design through day to day
- Proactive approach to issue resolution.
- Highly self-motivated with a desire to take ownership
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- 5+ years retail experience with emphasis on leading IT
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work with various IT
and business teams as required.
At Boscov's, we value our employees, and that's why we provide a
competitive compensation and benefits package. As a member of our
IT team, you will be eligible to receive:
- Competitive starting rate
- Weekly Pay
- Comprehensive benefits package, including
- Paid Vacations and Personal days
- Liberal Employee Discounts
- Much More!
Work where people love to shop!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Boscov's, Inc., Reading , Director of IT Operations, Executive , Reading, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!