Company: ISH Dining Services
Posted on: January 27, 2023
ISH Dining Services - DESCRIPTION
1. Position Summary:;
The Director of Housekeeping (Executive Housekeeping) position is
responsible for the planning, organization, development, and
direction for the overall operation of the Housekeeping Unit in
accordance with direction from the Regional Manager, Vice President
of Operations, and facility management.
Perform work duties in accordance with company policies, federal
and state laws, local standards and guidelines, OSHA, and other
applicable regulations. Attend all company- designated training as
required by manager.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of
2. Essential Functions:
- Maintains supplies and materials as required in sufficient
quantity for proper use.
- Performs daily rounds and spot checks of all areas of the
facility and evaluatedthe performance of the staff. Complete QA
- Supervises and develops staff competencies through on the job
training anddemonstrative techniques.
- Orients new personnel to company and facility operational
formats, policies, andprocedures.
- Keep ISH Health Services upper management aware of all
importantevents, changes, and problems within the department or
those that effect thedepartment.
- Maintains time schedules, staff schedules, in-service records,
and all appropriatedocumentation required by company policies and
State and Federal guidelines.
- Provides evaluations on staff members at appropriate dates
based uponemployment status, carries out any and all disciplinary
procedures and supervises training sessions necessary to increase
productivity and job knowledge.
- Attends weekly administrative meetings as required by the
individual facility and relay pertinent information to any and all
staff members as is deemed necessary.
9. Controls, through expert judgment and distribution methods,
precise documentation and the use of all materials, supplies and
10.Maintains established staff hours based on the Par levels
assigned to the department by ISH Health Services upper management.
(Par hours are based on a 2-week pay period)
11.Interviews, hires, orients, trains, in-services, evaluates,
disciplines, and discharges employees.
12.Performs other job duties and projects as directed, including
acting in the capacity of Laundry Worker if the need should
3. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- The ability to articulate details of various job categories
within the department in a manner that will provide open lines of
communication between staff and the Executive Housekeeper.
- Working knowledge of all job classifications and the duties
thereof. The ability to perform the necessary job duties of all
positions for which the Director of Laundry Operations is
- The ability to provide positive leadership to staff
demonstrated by a willingness to participate, where necessary, in
their day to day functions.
- The ability to make decisions based on ISH Health Services
standards and Administrative Management policies within the
- The ability to bend and sort soiled linen a minimum of 2 hours
- The ability to walk for extended periods of time, climb stairs
and push and pull upto 50 lb. linen hampers and equipment as
- The ability to lift 20 to 30 lb. bags of soiled linen to a
washing machine for loadinga minimum of 25 times per day.
- The ability to lift 10 to 15 lb. buckets of water from floor to
sink up to 25 times perday.
- The ability to bend at knees, waist, and neck, reach to place
and remove itemsfrom shelves, and carry as much as 10 lbs. as far
as 150 feet.
- The ability to fill out and produce necessary documentation on
a daily, weekly,monthly and yearly basis to satisfy ISH Health
Services standards and thestandards of State and Federal
- The ability to communicate clearly with ISH Health Services
uppermanagement, employees, facility staff, department heads within
the facility andyour building Administrator.
- The ability to handle and mix various chemicals safely and
- The flexibility to be available to the facility on an on-call
around the clock basis inthe event of an emergency
- Perform large volumes of work with high degree of
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas
presented verballyand in writing.
- The ability to convey information clearly and effectively
verbally and in writing.
- The ability to plan, manage and organize multiple
- Basic mechanical ability is a plus
4. Education & Experience:
- The ability to read, write, and speak English is
- No formal education is required. A high-school diploma is
desirable. Somecollege is helpful.
- Previous experience in the Environmental Services industry is
essential, and on- site training and orientation will be
- The ability to provide and follow oral, written, and verbal
instructions is vital.
- The ability to work in a healthcare environment and conduct
themselvesprofessionally and appropriately as required.
- Directors are also subject to health standards required by the
facility in whichthey are assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate
the following competencies:
- Quality Assurance Initiative
- Safety and Security Dependability Teamwork
- Customer Service Judgment
- Attendance/Punctuality Professionalism
- Oral Communication Problem Solving Ethics
6. Physical & Mental Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent stands for
extended periods, as well as pushing, pulling, walking, stooping,
kneeling, crouching, and sitting. Incumbent must be able to grasp
and handle tools and equipment required to perform regular job
functions. Incumbent is expected to watch and read gauges, dials,
or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
7. Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, incumbent is regularly
exposed to hazardous and non-hazardous chemicals, dirt, dust,
vibration and water. The noise level in the work environment is
usually above the norm. The employee frequently interacts with
residents, family members, and other personnel. The employee may be
exposed to infectious waste, diseases, and various medical
conditions, including HIV, AIDS, and Hepatitis B. -
Keywords: ISH Dining Services, Reading , Housekeeping/Laundry Manager, Executive , Orwigsburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!