System Director Education and Professional Development
Company: Tower Health
Posted on: November 9, 2019
ResponsibilitiesThe System Director of Education and Professional
Development is responsible for the oversight of hospital-wide
mandatory education, nursing education and professional development
including competency of nursing staff. Areas of responsibility
include Professional Development Department, Learning Management
System for Nursing, system-wide Basic Life Support, Advanced
Cardiac Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support programs, and
nursing leadership for shared governance related to staff
education. Leads the development, implementation, and evaluation of
nursing educational initiatives, professional development programs
and new hire orientation for Nursing. Job Responsibilities Include:
- Utilizes effective communications skills.
- Facilitates positive communication and cooperation among the
multidisciplinary healthcare team.
- Communicates pertinent educational information in concise,
clear manner to all levels of staff.
- Communicates educational program opportunities to nursing
- Actively participates on nursing services and hospital
- Demonstrates behaviors that support professionalism.
- Demonstrates advanced age appropriate clinical knowledge,
practice and skill proficiency.
- Achieves and maintains appropriate certifications.
- Utilizes principles of personal and staff safety in all aspects
of the work environment.
- Demonstrates an open, honest and mutually beneficial
relationship with management, staff and hospital departments.
- Promotes ethical behaviors as defined in the Hospital's Code of
- Conducts activities for Nursing and other departments for
compliance with regulatory standards (JCAHO, OSHA, DOH).
- Serves as mentor/coach to nurses at all levels.
- Provides educational activities for the development of nursing
- Provides leadership oversight for the design, implementation
and evaluation of orientation for nursing personnel.
- Collaborates regularly with management team.
- Using EBP principles, leads the establishment of programs to
promote clinical competence of staff through utilization of
mandatory programming, changes in policy, procedure and protocols
to improve staff and patient outcomes.
- Leads the assessment of staff learning needs through annual
needs assessment, and provides feedback to appropriate Nursing
Professional Development Practitioner (NPDs) and Education
- Leads the development and implementation of formal and informal
educational programs mentoring educators to develop their teaching
- Ensures that records and reports are maintained on all
educational programming including ANCC procedure unit
- Promotes nursing research through education and mentoring.
- Provides leadership for the Professional Development
Department, NPDs, Learning Management System and Hospital
Speciality Courses - BLS, ACLS, PALS, NPR, Trauma Course.
- Manages the organizational oversight for program and curriculum
development for staff education using the learning management
- Provides leadership to all stakeholders to establish annual
goals for hospital educational programming.
- Provides nursing leadership for the Professional Development
Department and System-Wide educational programming
- Directs the education and nursing orientation programs to
ensure they meet the needs of hospital personnel.
- Assures that nursing competency programs support the needs of
patient populations and comply with regulatory requirements.
- Master's Degree in Nursing or Nursing Education
(Required)Certification and Licensure Requirements:
- BLS Certification (Required)
- BLS INSTRUCTOR CERTIFICATION (Required)
- PA REGISTERED NURSE LICENSE (Required)
- ANPD CERTIFICATION IN PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
(Required)Experience and Skills:
- 5+years clinical and teaching experience
- Leadership experience
- Required Skills: Excellent communication skills, Excellent
interpersonal skills, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word.
Keywords: Tower Health, Reading , System Director Education and Professional Development, Executive , Reading, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!