Registered Nurse Ambulatory Surgery
Location: Marion Heights
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Job Title: Registered Nurse Ambulatory Surgery
Job Location: Danville, Pennsylvania
Job Category: RN - Registered Nurse
Schedule: Per Diem
Work Type: Part time
Department: JM-Outpatient Surgery Team
Date Posted: 02/19/2021
Job ID: R-09954
Job SummaryAre you a RN looking to join our team of Healthcare
Heroes? Through professional growth, quality improvement, and
interdisciplinary collaboration, we've built an innovative culture
that allows nurses to grow their skillsets, develop their practice,
and leverage their years of experience to build a rewarding,
lasting career with impact. Our Geisinger nurses make a difference
in the lives of the people they see every day- our friends,
neighbors, and family members.
Job DutiesThis position is a per diem role. Candidates must have at
least 1 year of working experience in a perioperative nursing or a
medical surgical unit.Provides care to patients undergoing surgery
by assisting with patient preparation and by circulating for
various surgical procedures.
- Coordinates room schedule and arrival of the patient in the
- Communicates with family representatives to allay
- Directs and coordinates nursing activities within assigned
- Supervises and assists operative teams in aseptic
- Follows surgical procedures to anticipate needs of
- Observes, interprets, documents and reports signs indicative of
changes in patient's condition when patient receives local
- Supervises ancillary personnel.
- Maintains compliance with safety and preventative maintenance
activities for all medicine and technical advanced equipment to
minimize failures and unsafe conditions.
- Cleans, sterilizes and prepares instruments, as needed,
according to established protocols to ensure required levels of
asepsis and availability.
- Provide for accurate care and handling of specimens and
- Assures proper handling of contaminated material.
- Counts sponges, needles and instruments, per policy.
- Assists in the cleaning and preparation of the OR between
- Actively participates in the development and maintenance of an
effective quality improvement program.
- Safeguards patient from dangers and hazards.
- Operates sterilizers as necessary.
- Maintains compliance with the system policies and procedures,
all nursing standards of care and practice, to include all
regulatory agency requirementsWork is typically performed in a
clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific
obligations and complying with all organization policies and
procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not
intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements
considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional
competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific
orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the
job related to that position.
Position DetailsWork Schedule:
- Flexible hours, Day Shift
- Approximately 8 hours weekly
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing
ExperienceMinimum of 1 year-Related work experience (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s)Basic Life Support Certification -
Default Issuing Body; Licensed Registered Nurse (Pennsylvania) -
RN_State of Pennsylvania
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We are
an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and
Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran
Keywords: Geisinger, Reading , Registered Nurse Ambulatory Surgery, Healthcare , Marion Heights, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!