Licensed Practical Nurse:::ICE Detention (LPN/LVN #279334)
Company: STG International Inc
Posted on: May 7, 2021
Family Practice/Primary Care opening in Leesport, Pennsylvania.
STG International is accepting resumes of qualified candidates for
the LVN/LPN position to work full-time providing health care to
detainees in custody in support of ICE Health Service Corps at the
Immigration and Customs Enforcement Medical Facility. STG
International is in an active bidding process for this position
which is contingent upon STG International, Inc. being awarded the
The ICE Health Services Corps (IHSC) exists within the
organizational structure of the United
States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), Enforcement and
(ERO) under the supervision of the Department of Homeland Security
(DHS). The United States Public Health Service (USPHS) Commissioned
Corps Officers, civil service staff and contractors comprise the
healthcare professionals working together to provide quality
healthcare services. IHSC serves as the medical experts for ICE for
detainee health care.
IHSCs mission is to provide medical care to maintain the health of
individuals in the custody of
ICE through an integrated health care delivery system, based on
correctional, detention and residential health care standards. The
Agency is committed to
providing healthcare services to protect the nations health, reduce
global disease and provide
medical support for the law enforcement mission of the safe
apprehension, enforcement and
removal of detained individuals involved in immigration
proceedings. IHSC is committed to
ensuring a system of care that is ethical, responsible, and
accountable through rigorous
surveillance and monitoring activities.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides direct care to patients within discipline Scope of
Practice and performs functions in
accordance with current accepted practice, licensure,
certification, credentialing and or granted
2. Provides treatment of persons throughout the life span as
appropriate to discipline and
3. May be expected to respond to and or coordinate response to
4. Evaluates health care needs of residents and assists RN in the
development of nursing care
plans to meet those needs.
5. Assists with gathering resident data during sick call and
6. Obtains medical information on residents using pre-established
appropriately refers abnormal findings or responses or stated
medical problems to the RN, midlevel
provider or physician.
7. Maintains safety when dispensing medications and is continually
cognizant of the potential
hazards of drug hoarding and trafficking among residents.
8. Provide patient/resident education as appropriate.
9. May coordinate health care needs of residents with healthcare
team and referrals to off-site
providers as appropriate for facility.
10. Assures a safe and clean working environment at all times.
11. Participates as member of health care team to ensure that
needed equipment, supplies and
logs are available, clean, functional and up to date.
12. Provides radiological services in accordance with scope of
practice and state licensure. These
services will be primarily to conduct tuberculosis surveillance
i.e. digital single view chest xrays.
13. Collect laboratory specimens as requested per IHSC policy and
14. Administers medications and treatments as ordered/recommended
in accordance with scope
of practice and state licensure.
15. Must adhere to practical nursing principals, procedures and
techniques for appropriate patient
care and take direction from registered nurses and onsite
16. Must adhere to medication administration guidelines, understand
pharmaceutical agents and
their desired effect recognize adverse effects and take appropriate
17. Must appropriately document patient/resident encounters
according to current standards of
care using electronic health records.
18. Performs record keeping functions in accordance with program
policies and position.
19. Maintains functional proficiency and ease of use utilizing
electronic health records as
required by, and appropriate to, position.
20. Completes and passes all discipline specific competencies
testing, initially and annually.
21. Completes all initial, annual and ad hoc training as
22. Maintains patient confidentiality, and confidentiality of
medical records, in compliance with
the Privacy Act and HIPAA regulations in all work activities.
23. Adheres to, and maintains awareness of, IHSC Policies,
Procedures, Directives, Operational
Memoranda and accreditation standards as prescribed by
24. Adheres to, and participates in, IHSCs Safety, Prevention,
Infection and Control, Quality
Improvement, Patient Education and other programs and collateral
duties as appropriate to
25. Attends and participates in general/medical staff meetings.
26. Other duties as assigned.
DUTY HOURS/ON-CALL REQUIREMENTS:
IHSC operates 365/24/7 you may be required to respond
telephonically during emergency call
back roster activation.
1. This full time position requires availability to work day,
evening and night shifts.
Availability during weekends and holidays is also required.
2. On-call availability is not required for this position.
1. The Department of Homeland Securitys Personnel Security Unit
(PSU) must render a
Preliminary Favorable Fitness Determination to be considered a
2. A Complete Favorable Fitness Determination must be rendered by
PSU upon completion of
initial and subsequent background investigations to meet the
requirements of this position.
ATTRIBUTES AND PROFESSIONAL QUALITIES:
1. Strong oral and written communication skills.
2. Excellent interpersonal skills.
3. Critical thinking skills
4. Cultural competency.
5. Integrity and honesty.
6. Verbal and written proficiency in Spanish (preferred, not
7. Experience in a detention/correctional or residential healthcare
setting (preferred, not
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Degree issuing institution and or program must be accredited by an
entity recognized by the U.S.
Department of Education
1. Graduate from an approved, accredited Vocational/Practical Nurse
program located in a
State, the District of Columbia, or a U.S. territory.
2. Must have a minimum of one year experience in a hospital,
medical office or outpatient
1. Maintains current, active and unrestricted LVN/LPN license by
the state in which the duty
station is located. Any changes to license must be reported to
2. This position does not require privileging by IHSC.
3. Maintains BLS for Healthcare Providers certification through the
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability and proficiency to properly use equipment, materials and
supplies in simple
diagnostic and treatment procedures.
2. Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual
3. Ability to utilize telephonic interpreter/translation services
to complete assigned duties if not
fluent in a language the patient understands.
4. Ability to adapt to sudden changes in schedules and flexibility
in work requirements.
5. Ability to communicate proficiently in English (verbal and
written) in order to develop
positive rapport with patients, co-workers and other
6. Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships
in a multidisciplinary
7. Ability to navigate in an electronic work environment including
electronic health records,
web based training and communications.
8. Knowledge of, and moderate proficiency in, common Microsoft
specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and SharePoint.
9. Knowledge of regulations (HIPAA/Privacy Act) regarding the
confidentiality of patient
medical records and information as well as Personally Identifiable
1. Required to walk unaided at a normal pace for up to 10 minutes
and maintain balance.
2. Required to respond to any medical emergency within 4 minutes,
where a fast walk or jog
may be necessary to provide assistance.
3. Required to perform CPR/emergency care standing or kneeling.
4. Must have the ability to assist sick, injured or aging detainees
or staff exiting the building
during an emergency (may require lifting, dragging, wheeling or
carrying someone who weighs
significantly more than self).
5. Must be able to see, hear and smell with or without the use of
aides if necessary
(exceptions on a case by case basis).
6. Must easily alternate between kneeling and standing.
7. Must be able to lift, push, or carry 30 pounds.
8. Must perform the duties in a stressful and often austere
environment without physical
9. Must be capable of standing on hard services (cement floors) for
long periods of time.
This is a contract position and supervisory controls will be set
forth by the contract vendor.
Technical oversight will be provided by the Government Technical
STG International, Inc (STGi) is a workforce solutions company
providing comprehensive healthcare delivery..... click apply for
full job details
Keywords: STG International Inc, Reading , Licensed Practical Nurse:::ICE Detention (LPN/LVN #279334), Healthcare , Leesport, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!