Radiology Technologist MRI (Full Time) (Evenings)
Company: Geisinger Medical Center
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Geisinger Medical Center (GMC)
Evenings (United States of America)
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Performs imaging procedures at a technical level. Meets the
qualifications to provide care for patients in the specific age
range on their assigned clinical area.
- Knowledge of the Magnetic Resonance imaging process and safety
in the Magnetic Resonance environment.
- Provides protection to patients and personnel in accordance
with prescribed safety standards.
- Prepares and positions patients for Magnetic Resonance
procedure; thoroughly explains exam and answers patients'
- Performs Magnetic Resonance Imaging procedures including neuro,
body, and extremity, following protocols set by a Radiologist.
- Performs venous access on all patients requiring IV contrast
administration as directed by a Radiologist.
- Enters necessary data into Radiology Imaging System, IDX
Imaging Suite, and Picture Archive Communication System Image
- Processes images as necessary.
- Ability to identify anatomy on images.
- Performs quality control tests of equipment; reports any
- Notifies Team Leader and appropriate maintenance personnel of
- Shares the responsibilities for ordering supplies; notifies
appropriate personnel of supply levels.
- Acts as a Radiology liaison; provides radiological support to
physicians as requested; refers problems to Team Leader.
- Imaging exams and procedure tray set up require access and
handling of non-controlled medications.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable
for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all
organization policies and procedures.
The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be
all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary
to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills
outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered
essential to the performance of the job related to that
Military experience will be considered. US Army 68P Radiology
Specialist, US Air Force 4R0X1 Diagnostic Imaging Apprentice, US
Navy Advanced Radiographer.
Graduate from Specialty Training Program-Radiologic Technology
Certification(s) and License(s):
Basic Life Support Certification - Default Issuing Body, Certified
MRI Technologist - American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
(ARRT), Certified Radiology Technologist - American Registry of
Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
Communication Skills, Diagnostic Imaging, Independent Work, Medical
Equipment Management (Mem), Preceptor Skills, Radiation Safety,
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our
patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our
- KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be
- EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for
- LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to
better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
- INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for
our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
- SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and
members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions
from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners.
Perhaps just as important, we encourage an atmosphere of
collaboration, cooperation and collegiality.
*Does not qualify for J-1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action,
Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are Encouraged to
Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of
disability or their protected veteran status.
Keywords: Geisinger Medical Center, Reading , Radiology Technologist MRI (Full Time) (Evenings), Healthcare , Danville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!