Clinic RN - Internal Medicine
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Title: Clinic RN - Internal Medicine
Location: Danville, Pennsylvania
Job Category: RN - Registered Nurse, Nursing and Nursing
Work Type: Full time
Department: General Internal Medicine Team
Date Posted: 11/04/2021
Job ID: R-22459
Job Summary Provides primary nursing support to the physician and
patient to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of the patient's
condition. Provides patient education, promotes an understanding of
the condition and adheres with the treatment plan. The Registered
Clinic Nurse, functions in the spirit of teamwork, is accountable
for the delivery of care utilizing skills learned in the clinic.
Assists other team members on the unit.
- Acts as clinic lead providing oversight of clinic flow and
- Triages patient sick calls to facilitate appropriate treatment
plan with providers.
- Obtains and documents patient medical history, chief complaint,
vital signs, and provides basic medical data base for provider, and
prepares patient for examinations.
- Oversees chart checks insuring that all patient completed
testing is available for provider visit.
- Assists providers in procedures as directed by provider to
facilitate accurate diagnosis and treatment.
- Monitor staffing levels to assure appropriate staffing based on
- Collects and prepares laboratory specimens and completes
associated paperwork to expedite laboratory studies with maximum
accuracy and efficiency.
- Executes and documents ongoing patient communication.
- Provides instruction to ensure patient's understanding of
medical condition and compliance with treatment instructions.
- Inserts, monitors, regulates and discontinues IVs as required
- Administers medications, IV push medications, and topical
- Routinely inspects and observes condition and operation of
diagnostic equipment and instrumentation to ensure proper operation
and identify need for preventive and corrective maintenance.
- May clean, sterilize and prepare instruments, according to
established protocols, to ensure required level of asepsis and
- Cleans and sets up Procedure rooms between cases, ensures
required level of asepsis, availability of appropriate instruments
and equipment, and preparation of patient.
- Educate staff and patients on all aspects of medication and
treatments as appropriate.
- Assists in all aspects of day to day clinic activity.Work is
typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for
satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all
organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in
this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the
job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any
department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the
performance of the job related to that position.
Position Details Work Schedule/Details:
- Day Shift/ 8 hours daily (Clinic is open from 7a to 6p)
- No Travel
- No on call, weekends or holidays Past Medical Surgical work
experience is preferred as this Clinic RN will work with complex
and acute care patients. As a Clinic RN in Internal Medicine, your
typical work day will consist of clinic and triaging duties.
- Rooming patients (getting pt ready for the providers)
- Completing vital signs including height and weight
- Medication review and best practice alerts
- Completing doctor orders such as immunization, ear lavage,
EKGs, diabetic foot and eye exams, bladder scans and administering
- Overseeing admission or high acuity patient including but not
limiting to STAT labs, IV Fluids/meds
- Triaging patient phone calls for same day appointments
- Managing MyChart patient messages We--re proud to offer
competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package that
- Medical, prescription drug, vision and dental coverage
- Family Support (Fertility and Adoption Support)
- Employer contribution to your retirement plan
- Tuition assistance (part time and full time roles only)
- Generous paid time off packages that allows you to take the
time you need to travel, rest, and care for and reconnect with
friends and family.
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated and
experienced nursing leaders
- Paid Military Leave
- Community Involvement through our Employee Resources Groups
Education Graduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing
Experience Minimum of 1 year-Related work experience
Certification(s) and License(s) Basic Life Support Certification -
Default Issuing Body; Licensed Registered Nurse (Pennsylvania) -
RN_State of Pennsylvania
Our Purpose & Values OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is
about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our
Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat
everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We
treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We
share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare
the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We are
an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and
Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran
Keywords: Geisinger, Reading , Clinic RN - Internal Medicine, Healthcare , Danville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!