Inpatient RN-Critical Response
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Title: Inpatient RN-Critical ResponseLocation: Danville,
PennsylvaniaJob Category: Inpatient RN - Registered Nurse, Nursing
and Nursing SupportSchedule: RotationWork Type: Full
timeDepartment: Central Region Nursing Resources DivisionDate
Posted: 10/14/2021Job ID: R-17491Job SummaryThe Registered Nurse
assesses plans, organizes, performs, and evaluates nursing
activities to meet the needs of the patient. Promotes adaptive
responses of patient and family to achieve the highest level of
patient care, promote safety, and maximize patient satisfaction.
Exhibits compassionate care during patient-nurse interactions.
Coordinates patient care and interaction of staff to maximize
patient outcome. Meets the qualifications to provide care for
patients in the specified age ranged of their assigned nursing
- Completes assessments as established by unit standards and
addresses physical, social, cultural, spiritual and psychological
needs of patient and family.
- Formulates and documents plan of care as established in unit
- Includes health teaching, family needs and discharge
- Administers medications and treatments according to
- Evaluates effectiveness of nursing interventions and revises
plan of care based upon patient response to interventions or lack
- Coordinates and provides patient care, discharge planning and
patient and family education.
- Demonstrates skills and knowledge necessary to assure
assessment, treatment, and care is appropriate to the age of
- Initiates collaboration with physicians, ancillary personnel,
and other interdisciplinary team members and acts to proactively
resolve and facilitate action to meet patient needs.
- Delegates on the basis of skill, expertise and time
availability of the team member, acuity and needs of the
- Problem solves, troubleshoots, and takes corrective measures in
care and handling of equipment.
- Actively participates as a team member working toward team
goals of the organization.
- Actively participates in education and professional development
- Assumes responsibility for identifying processes or systems
that could potentially lead to errors and adverse events.
- Participates in problem solving when appropriate.
- Actively participates in patient safety improvement and
- Responds to all Adult Rapid Responses and Adult Codes
throughout Geisinger Medical Center.
- This includes but not limited to Sepsis Alerts, Pulmonary
Embolism Response Team calls, and Stroke Alerts.
- Assists in initial resuscitation and implementation of bundle
guidelines in accordance with best practice.
- Assists in the determination and transportation of the patient
to the appropriate level of care.
- Completes documentation of events during Rapid Response calls
in the medical record.
- Maintains and updates Rapid Response Database.
- Performs proactive rounding in patient care areas other than
intensive care in order to identify changes in patients 'conditions
and effect early intervention in collaboration with outreach team
or nocturnist.Work is typically performed in a clinical
environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific
obligations and complying with all organization policies and
procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not
intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements
considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional
competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific
orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the
job related to that position.Position DetailsWe're proud to offer:o
Competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package,
including health insurance that starts day 1 of employmento
MyHealth Rewards wellness program provides reduced healthcare
premiums for qualified employeeso Up to $5,000 in tuition
reimbursemento Relocation Assistanceo Up to $26,000 recruitment
incentiveo Competitive PTO plan in addition to 6 paid holidays and
32 hours of personal holiday timeo 80 hours of paid parental leaveo
401k contributes 5% of your earningso The ability to work under a
Temporary Practice Permit until you take NCLEXo A shared governance
structureo Professional opportunities for growth and advancemento
Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated, experienced
nursing leadersThis position is eligible for a joining incentive.
Apply now and learn more!EducationGraduate from Specialty Training
Program- (Required)ExperienceMinimum of 2 years-Nursing
(Required)Certification(s) and License(s)Licensed Registered Nurse
(Pennsylvania) - RN_State of PennsylvaniaOur Purpose & ValuesOUR
PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our
patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our
communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope
to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who
humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with
the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for
tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to
care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members
and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time
and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and
domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior
management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration,
cooperation and collegiality. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal
Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or
their protected veteran status.
Keywords: Geisinger, Reading , Inpatient RN-Critical Response, Healthcare , Snydertown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!