Patient Care Unit Assistant Per Diem - Palliative/Medical Surgical Unit
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Title: Patient Care Unit Assistant Per Diem -
Palliative/Medical Surgical Unit
Location: Danville, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Nursing Support Services, Nursing and Nursing
Schedule: Per Diem
Work Type: Part time
Department: JM-GMC Nursing Division
Date Posted: 06/09/2021
Job ID: R-14387
Job Summary Responsible and accountable for performing a wide range
of clerical duties and direct patient care activities, depending on
the need of the unit. The performance of these tasks in an
efficient and timely manner is essential to enhance the care team's
ability to provide quality care. Meets the qualifications to
provide care for patients in the specific age range in their
assigned clinical area.
- Provides patient care as directed by the licensed nurse, within
the nursing assistant scope of practice, in meeting the
multidisciplinary care plan established for each patient.
- Identifies, observes and documents the physical needs of the
patient according to established standards.
- Reports changes in patient condition to licensed personnel in a
- Obtains and maintains the integrity of specimens in accordance
with policy and procedure, according to physician order.
- Performs EKGs as assigned following accepted practices, policy
and procedures and physician order.
- Provides for or assists patients with activities of daily
living and fulfills designated and delegated responsibilities for
ongoing continuum of care.
- Provides one to one patient safety watch as assigned following
established policies and procedures.
- Assists in problem solving, trouble shooting and taking
corrective measures in care and maintenance of equipment and
- Responsible for actively participating in patient safety
improvement and management program.
- An active participant.
- Serves as a preceptor and mentor for new staff and students in
a positive manner.
- Performs clerical duties for admissions, transfers, discharges,
and deaths according to standards and facilitates patient
- Transcribes and processes orders according to unit
- Releases and confirms ordered tests to appropriate
- Coordinates transportation of patients to multiple tests.
- Communicates patient related information promptly to the
appropriate care team member.
- Schedules tests, faxes consults, etc.
- Assists in obtaining and ordering supplies.
- Stationery items as well as floor stock, patient needs,
individual nursing supplies.
- Communicates with food services to ensure appropriate patient
- Operates, problem solves, and takes corrective measures for
- To include scheduling maintenance of computers, fax machines,
- Participates in obtaining and communicating electronic
information as pertinent to the nursing unit.
- Staff have access to non-controlled medications storage and
supply areas and can transport non-controlled medications as
necessary to meet the needs of the clinic or unit.
- Assists with transporting non-controlled medications to and
from Pharmacy and within the unit as needed.
- Assists with transporting blood products to and from Blood Bank
as needed.Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and
complying with all organization policies and procedures. The
specific statements in this profile are not intended to be
all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary
to successfully perform the job.
Position Details Schedule is a 12 hour day with some weekends;
holidays may be required.GP4 is a small palliative and med surg
unit; rewarding patient population; warm, welcoming staff.
Education High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required)
Our Purpose & Values OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is
about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our
Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat
everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We
treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We
share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare
the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We are
an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and
Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran
Keywords: Geisinger, Reading , Patient Care Unit Assistant Per Diem - Palliative/Medical Surgical Unit, Healthcare , Catawissa, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!