Clinic RN - Pediatrics (Part Time)
Location: Mount Carmel
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Job Title: Clinic RN - Pediatrics (Part Time)
Location: Danville, Pennsylvania
Job Category: RN - Registered Nurse, Nursing and Nursing
Work Type: Part time
Department: GMC Pediatrics Clinic Team
Date Posted: 01/13/2022
Job ID: R-25994
Job SummaryProvides primary nursing support to the physician and
patient to assist in the diagnosis and treatment of the patient's
condition. Provides patient education, promotes an understanding of
the condition and adheres with the treatment plan. The Registered
Clinic Nurse, functions in the spirit of teamwork, is accountable
for the delivery of care utilizing skills learned in the clinic.
Assists other team members on the unit.
- Acts as clinic lead providing oversight of clinic flow and
- Triages patient sick calls to facilitate appropriate treatment
plan with providers.
- Obtains and documents patient medical history, chief complaint,
vital signs, and provides basic medical data base for provider, and
prepares patient for examinations.
- Oversees chart checks insuring that all patient completed
testing is available for provider visit.
- Assists providers in procedures as directed by provider to
facilitate accurate diagnosis and treatment.
- Monitor staffing levels to assure appropriate staffing based on
- Collects and prepares laboratory specimens and completes
associated paperwork to expedite laboratory studies with maximum
accuracy and efficiency.
- Executes and documents ongoing patient communication.
- Provides instruction to ensure patient's understanding of
medical condition and compliance with treatment instructions.
- Inserts, monitors, regulates and discontinues IVs as required
- Administers medications, IV push medications, and topical
- Routinely inspects and observes condition and operation of
diagnostic equipment and instrumentation to ensure proper operation
and identify need for preventive and corrective maintenance.
- May clean, sterilize and prepare instruments, according to
established protocols, to ensure required level of asepsis and
- Cleans and sets up Procedure rooms between cases, ensures
required level of asepsis, availability of appropriate instruments
and equipment, and preparation of patient.
- Educate staff and patients on all aspects of medication and
treatments as appropriate.
- Assists in all aspects of day to day clinic activity.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable
for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all
organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in
this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the
job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any
department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the
performance of the job related to that position.
Position DetailsWork Schedule/Details:
- Shifts will vary between: 7:30AM and 5:30PM with rotating start
- 20 hours weekly
- Monday through Friday
- No weekends, holidays or on call
- Minimal travel may be required for outreachPrior pediatrics
experience is preferred.We're proud to offer competitive salaries
and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, prescription drug, vision and dental coverage
- Family Support (Fertility and Adoption Support)
- Employer contribution to your retirement plan
- Tuition assistance (part time and full time roles only)
- Generous paid time off packages that allows you to take the
time you need to travel, rest, and care for and reconnect with
friends and family.
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated and
experienced nursing leaders
- Community Involvement through our Employee Resources Groups
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing
ExperienceMinimum of 1 year-Related work experience (Preferred)
Certification(s) and License(s)Basic Life Support Certification -
Default Issuing Body; Licensed Registered Nurse (Pennsylvania) -
RN_State of Pennsylvania
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We are
an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and
Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran
Keywords: Geisinger, Reading , Clinic RN - Pediatrics (Part Time), Healthcare , Mount Carmel, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!