Surgical Technologist - Ephrata Community Hospital - Full Time
Company: WellSpan Health
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Surgical TechnologistOperating Room80 Hours Biweekly -
Day/Evening shift(On Call Rotation to Cover Nights, Weekends &
Holidays)Job Description:Under general supervision, provides entry
level technical services and assistance in the operating room in
accordance with established procedures, protocols and regulations.
Prepares operating rooms for surgery using appropriate
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares the operating room for cases by setting up table,
instruments and supplies according to type of case.
- Prepares rooms between procedures and after terminal cleaning.
Monitors and restocks supplies.
- Drapes patients for surgical procedures.
- Assists the surgical team during operative procedures.
- Assists in maintaining correct count of instruments, sutures
- Prepares patient skin for surgery in accordance with hospital
- Maintains aseptic techniques; actively monitors situations
which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Assists surgeons during operations by retracting tissues under
- Identifies and cares for specimens.Qualifications
- Post High School Vocational/Specialized Training for surgical
technologists; Surgical Technologist certification eligible
- Successful completion of a Surgical Technologist (ST) program
sponsored by an entity holding nationally recognized institutional
or programmatic accreditation and hold and maintains a ST
certification from an accredited certification program OR
Successful completion of appropriate training program for surgical
technology in the United States Army, Navy, or Air Force OR
Provides evidence of an ST certification from an accredited
certification program OR was employed to practice surgical
technology as the individual's primary function in another health
care facility at any time during the two years immediately
preceding December 29, 2020.
- BLS certification
- 1 - 2 years experience
Keywords: WellSpan Health, Reading , Surgical Technologist - Ephrata Community Hospital - Full Time, Healthcare , Ephrata, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!