Technician- Chem Lab
Company: Carpenter Technology
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Carpenter Technology Corporation is a leading producer and
distributor of premium specialty alloys, including titanium alloys,
nickel and cobalt based superalloys, stainless steels, alloy steels
and tool steels. Carpenter's high-performance materials and
advanced process solutions are an integral part of critical
applications used within the aerospace, transportation, medical and
energy markets, among other markets. Building on its history of
innovation, Carpenter's wrought and powder technology capabilities
support a range of next-generation products and manufacturing
techniques, including novel magnetic materials and additive
manufacturing. Quality Chem Lab Tech I Primary Duties
- Working knowledge of all machinery within area, performs a
diversified range of moderately complex tasks related to the
preparation of steel, alloy, and slag specimens.
- Inspect test specimens for acceptable quality criteria,
rejecting poor quality test specimens, and requesting replacement
samples from internal customers as required.
- Perform prescribed routine preventative maintenance checks and
corrective maintenance and adjust as required on various sample
- Perform the saw cutting and rough machining of test specimen.
May operate abrasive saws, swisher grinder, drill presses, and
- Performs all other duties and special projects as assigned.
Required for the Quality Chem Lab Tech
- High School Diploma required. Preferred for the Quality Chem
- Entry level position some relevant/related work experience
- Experience operating abrasive saws, drill presses and belt/disc
- Prior knowledge of laboratory equipment.
- Working knowledge of chemical lab testing procedures.
- Applicable knowledge of LIMS system.
- Ability to operate a computer workstation and the related
hardware and software for the LIMS system.
- Ability to work in a production-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and without direct supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and make appropriate
- Ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Willingness to work overtime and weekends as needed to support
business needs.Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive
salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life,
medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability
coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other
options to employees.Carpenter Technology Corporation's policy is
to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal employment
opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ
affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit and
develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age,
race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation,
marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other
characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit,
develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with
disabilities and protected veterans.
Keywords: Carpenter Technology, Reading , Technician- Chem Lab, Healthcare , Reading, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!