Sleepover Residential Caregiver **earn additional $ in sleepover stipends**
Company: Prospectus Associates Inc.
Posted on: August 8, 2022
Sleepover Residential Caregiver Description:
Equal Opportunity Employer Position Title: Resident Caregiver
Department: Residential Services Reports to: Supervisor FLSA
Status: Non-exempt Hours: includes holidays / weekdays overnight &
every other weekend, Friday afternoon through Monday morning
Starting Rate: $14.00 / hr. plus sleepover stipends -plus sign on
bonus Telework Eligible: No Sleepover Residential Caregiver
POSITION SUMMARY: The Resident Caregiver in the Residential
Services department is responsible for the supervision and support
of adults with intellectual and other disabilities who reside in a
community home. The Resident Caregiver assists in the
implementation of all aspects of care with health, safety, and
well-being the highest priority. The Resident Caregiver is
responsible to adhere to corporate policies and procedures and
state regulations. Sleepover Residential Caregiver DUTIES AND
- Provide a supportive, caring, safe environment by attending to
individual needs while respecting differences and supporting growth
- Offer input into the planning and development of outcomes with
regard to the practical implementation of outcomes.
- Assist each resident with personal hygiene, dressing, eating,
and all other activities of daily living.
- Assist in the implementation of Individualized Support Plans
and related activities (social, recreational, educational, and
- Compliance with corporate policies and procedures and Office of
Developmental Programs regulations.
- Attend to the residents' emotional, physical, or medical
- Report concerns regarding health, safety, and well-being to
- Report incidents of suspected abuse, neglect or other as
required by the policy on Incident Management.
- Obtain 24 hours of required training per training year.
- Actively participate in all aspects of job development.
- Attend and actively participate in staff meetings.
- Regular attendance at work.
- Other duties as assigned. Sleepover Residential Caregiver
Sleepover Residential Caregiver MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or General Education Development
certificate. Some college preferred with a background in education
or related human services field.
- Experience working with persons with developmental disabilities
preferred. Work experience required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Valid PA driver's license. Sleepover Residential Caregiver
- Problem solving - identify and resolve problems in a timely
manner and gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Interpersonal skills - maintain confidentiality, remain open to
others' ideas, and demonstrate a willingness to try new things.
Support the competence of other members of the corporation in all
- Math - Demonstrate the ability to utilize basic math
- Oral Communication - speak clearly and persuasively in positive
as well as negative situations.
- Written Communication - edit work for spelling and grammar,
present numerical data accurately, create, read and interpret
- Planning and organizing - prioritize and plan work activities
and use time efficiently.
- Quality control - demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness and
monitor own work to insure quality.
- Adaptability - adapt to anticipated and unanticipated changes
in the work environment, manage competing demands, and deal with
frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Feedback - Ask for and accept it when offered.
- Assistance - recognize the need for assistance and request it
- Creativity - develop and implement creative formalized and
informal programming. Sleepover Residential Caregiver PHYSICAL
REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Physical demands are representative of the physical
requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of the Resident Advisor position. Reasonable
accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to
perform the described essential functions of the position.
- Safety precautions are observed in order to reduce incidents of
risk factors for a typical residential setting that is adequately
lighted, heated, and ventilated. Example: avoiding trips and falls,
providing back care measures, and observing fire prevention
- May need to sit or stand.
- May be required to walk on a level surface, an uneven surface,
and/or to climb stairs periodically throughout the day.
- May be required to reach above the shoulder, below the waist,
lift materials to waist height or above throughout the day. Proper
lifting techniques are required.
- The Resident Advisor is required to lift and/or move up to 35
- Finger dexterity and close vision are required.
- Specific vision requirements include close and distance vision
and depth perception.
- The Resident Advisor is required to perform some essential job
functions outside in the full range of weather conditions
experienced in Pennsylvania. This may include shoveling snow,
driving in snow, wind, and rainy conditions with poor visibility.
Safety precautions and defensive driving techniques are required.
Other weather conditions may include moderate to extreme heat.
Safety precautions to prevent dehydration, heat stroke or other
weather-related conditions are required. PI186495914
Keywords: Prospectus Associates Inc., Reading , Sleepover Residential Caregiver **earn additional $ in sleepover stipends**, Healthcare , Reading, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!