Surgical Technologist - Cardiac Surgery
Company: Geisinger Health System
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Job Title: Surgical Technologist - Cardiac Surgery - $7500
Hiring Incentive! Location: Danville, Pennsylvania Job Category:
Diagnostic Services Schedule: Rotation Work Type: Full time
Department: GMC Cardiac Surgery Team Date Posted: 05/03/2021 Job
ID: R-13034 Job Summary Are you a Surgical Technologist or a recent
graduate looking to start your career as a Surgical Technologist?
Join our Geisinger team today! Through professional growth, quality
improvement and interdisciplinary collaboration, we've built an
innovative culture that allows our staff to grow their skillset,
develop their practice and leverage their years of experience to
build a rewarding, lasting career with impact. Job Duties Assists
surgeon with procedures related to the care of patient of all ages
during surgical intervention.
- Assists in the coordination of treatments with other
- Provides basic patient assistance.
- Connects patients to clinical equipment as needed.
- Practices aseptic techniques while preparing for surgery
including scrubbing, applying surgical gown, gloving, draping and
setting up instrument table.
- Actively participates in surgical Time and out and operationg
room briefing according to the universal protocol.
- Identifies correct surgical site with the circulating
registered nurse and surgeon before incision of operative
- Maintains an accurate account of supplies including sponges,
needles and instruments.
- Verifies count with the circulating nurse at end of
- Prepares, identifies and verifies all specimens obtained during
the surgical procedure.
- Disposes of linens, needles and sharps in appropriate
- Assesses wounds and applies or changes sterile dressing as
instructed by the registered nurse.
- Maintains and documents universal precautions.
- Initiates emergency procedures.
- Participates in the admission and discharge process.
- Performs billing as appropriate for services rendered or
- Participates in on-call rotations of operating room.
- Acts as a preceptor for students assigned to the surgical
- Adheres to all policies, protocols and standards of care.
- Performs quality control monitoring.
- Performs additional duties including specimen collection,
pleure-vac and traction set up, patient transport and post-mortem
- Assures all medications and solutions are labeled, under the
registered nurse's supervision. Work is typically performed in a
clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific
obligations and complying with all organization policies and
procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not
intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements
considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional
competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific
orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the
job related to that position. Position Details Schedule: 10 hour
shifts; requires on-call, weekends and holidays. This is a Level I
trauma center. We're proud to offer:
- Competitive pay rates
- Up to $5.00/hr shift differentials for evening, nights and
- $7,500 Hiring incentive for eligible candidates
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that
starts day one of employment
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to enhance personal health
and reduce health plan premiums for qualified individuals
- Up to $5000 in tuition reimbursement per year
- $40k in financial support to become a Registered Nurse
- Robust PTO plan in addition to six paid holidays and 32 hours
of personal time per year
- Competitive 401k plan that includes automatic Geisinger
contributions starting day one of employment
- Paid parental leave and military leave
- Fertility and adoption support
- Shared governance structure that empowers our Surgical
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated nursing
- Community involvement through our Employee Resource Groups
- Employee referral incentive program Join the Geisinger Family!
Apply now! To learn more about Geisinger opportunities, please
contact Jennifer Craven at (see below) Education Graduate from
Specialty Training Program- (Required) Experience Minimum of 1
year-Related work experience (Preferred) Certification(s) and
License(s) Certified Surgical Technologist - Accredited
Certification Program Our Purpose & Values OUR PURPOSE & VALUES:
Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our
students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We
strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for
excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and
brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our
patients, our members, our community, and the nation. SAFETY: We
provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the
Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time and
part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and
domestic partners. Perhaps just as important, from senior
management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration,
cooperation and collegiality. We know that a diverse workforce with
unique experiences and backgrounds makes our team stronger. Our
patients, members and community come from a wide variety of
backgrounds, and it takes a diverse workforce to make better health
easier for all. We are proud to be an affirmative action, equal
opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment regardless to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger Health System, Reading , Surgical Technologist - Cardiac Surgery, Healthcare , Girardville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!