Registered Nurse (RN) Echocardiography Laboratory
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Job Title: Registered Nurse (RN) Echocardiography Laboratory
Location: Danville, Pennsylvania
Job Category: RN - Registered Nurse, Lab, Nursing and Nursing
Work Type: Full time
Department: Central Region Echocardiography Laboratory Team
Date Posted: 09/08/2022
Job ID: R-37662
Job SummaryThe Echocardiography Laboratory RN position is an
integral part of the Advanced Imaging team proving state of the art
cardiac imaging. This position will allow the ability to utilize
clinical skills when triaging patients, supervising stress testing,
or administering moderate sedation. This position performs daily
registered nurse functions in the Echo Lab Department and
participates in a variety of nursing activities necessary to the
acquisition of echocardiographic examinations, stress testing, and
advance imaging examinations.
- Administers medications during adult conscious sedation and
pharmacological stress testing.
- Assesses patient responses to medications and testing per
protocols and document information in medical record.
- Assures all necessary paperwork and information is present for
- Prepares patients for procedures.
- Reviews history of allergies, medication list, etc.
- Assesses patients physical status as well as their
understanding of the procedure.
- Provides patient and family education about procedure.
- Ensures that patient has followed proper pre-test
- Assesses patient per Joint Commission safety goals and follows
- Applies monitoring equipment.
- Monitors vital signs.
- Performs emergency procedures when necessar.
- Transports equipment to patients bedside when necessary.
- Starts and regulates oxygen.
- Monitors conscious sedation patients until transferred.
- Assists with orientation of personnel and students.
- Assists in approved research activities as needed.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable
for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all
organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in
this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the
job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any
department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the
performance of the job related to that position.
- Hours: -7:30a-4:00p
- Weekends, Holidays and On Call: -to be discussed further during
- Travel: -less than 25%- may require travel to outreach sites to
cover RN duties
- Education/ Experience: Current RN license with minimum of two
years RN experience required. Two years Cardiac nursing is
preferred. Conscious Sedation Certification to be obtained within 6
months of hire. BLS and ACLS certifications
Geisinger, the caring that we provide to our patients and members
also extends to you and your family. Our competitive compensation
and benefits package helps you and your loved ones stay healthy,
meet your financial goals and thrive professionally and personally.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that
starts day one of employment
- Three medical plan choices, including options to save with a
flexible spending account (FSA) and -health savings account
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short-term disability, and
- Competitive 401(k) plan that includes automatic Geisinger
contributions starting day one of employment
- PTO plan that allows you to earn more time fast -
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to improve your health and
- Family-friendly support to include adoption assistance, paid
parental leave, paid military leave and a free care.com membership
with discounted backup care for your loved ones.
- We strive to create an environment where our patients, health
plan members and employees can be their most authentic selves. Join
one of our many Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). ERGs provide
opportunities for all Geisinger employees to build internal and
external networks and further develop professionally. ERGs are
formed around common identities but are open to all employee
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program-Nursing
ExperienceMinimum of 2 years-Nursing (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)Basic Life Support Certification -
Default Issuing Body; Licensed Registered Nurse (Pennsylvania) -
RN_State of Pennsylvania
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Reading , Registered Nurse (RN) Echocardiography Laboratory, Healthcare , Snydertown, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!