Nursing Assistant Per Diem - Advanced Acute Care Cardiovascular Unit
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Job Title: Nursing Assistant Per Diem - Advanced Acute Care
Location: Danville, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Nursing Support Services, Nursing and Nursing
Schedule: Per Diem
Work Type: Part time
Department: JM-GMC Cardiac/Telemetry Nursing Division
Date Posted: 07/29/2022
Job ID: R-30414
Job SummaryAre you looking to begin a career in healthcare or are
you an experienced healthcare professional looking to join a team
of dedicated care providers? Join our Geisinger Nursing Institute
today! Through professional growth, quality improvement and
interdisciplinary collaboration, we've built an innovative culture
that allows our nursing staff to grow their skillset, develop their
practice and leverage their years of experience to build a
rewarding, lasting career with impact.
Job DutiesResponsible and accountable for performing a wide range
of direct patient care tasks. The performance of tasks allows the
care team to provide quality care. Meets the qualifications to
provide care for patients in the specific age range on their
assigned clinical area.
- Provides patient care as directed by the registered nurse in
meeting the multidisciplinary plan of care established for each
- Obtains and maintains the integrity of specimens in accordance
with policy, procedure, and physician order.
- Performs EKGs as assigned, following accepted practices,
policies, procedures, and physician order.
- Provides for or assists patients with activities of daily
living and fulfills designated and delegated responsibilities for
ongoing continuum of care.
- Assists with transporting blood and blood products to and from
Blood Bank as needed.
- Assists in problem solving and troubleshooting in the care and
maintenance of equipment and assists in ensuring adequate supplies
are available on the unit.
- Provides one to one patient safety watch as assigned following
established policy and procedures.
- Completes clerical responsibilities for task completion based
on ability and training.
- Staff have access to non-controlled medications storage and
supply areas and can transport non-controlled medications as
necessary to meet the needs of the clinic and unit.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable
for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all
organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in
this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the
job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any
department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the
performance of the job related to that position.
Position DetailsWe're proud to offer:
- Market leading pay rates
- Up to $3/hr shift differentials for evening, nights and weekend
- $40k in financial support to become a Registered Nurse
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to enhance personal
- Competitive 401k plan that includes automatic Geisinger
contributions starting day one of employment
- On the job training and education
- Shared governance structure that empowers our nursing support
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated nursing
- Community involvement through our Employee Resource Groups
- Employee referral incentive programJoin the Geisinger Family!
Apply now! To learn more about Geisinger opportunities, please
contact Jennifer Craven at email@example.com.
EducationHigh School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 1 year-Clinical (Preferred)
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Reading , Nursing Assistant Per Diem - Advanced Acute Care Cardiovascular Unit, Healthcare , Danville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!