Flight Paramedic - Sign on Bonus
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Job Title: Flight Paramedic - Sign on Bonus
Location: State College, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Patient Support, Nursing and Nursing Support
Work Type: Full time
Department: Life Flight State College Base Team
Date Posted: 01/03/2023
Job ID: R-41743
Job SummaryProvides paramedic level care, within the scope of Act
37 and as credentialed by the Life Flight medical director to Life
Flight patients in conjunction with the Flight Nurse. Functions as
a team member in the Emergency Department and assists physicians
and ED Staff to provide care to Emergency Department patients as
needed. Meets the qualifications to provide care for patients from
birth to over 100 years range. Performs duties to provide the
highest level of patient care and maximize patient satisfaction.
Accepts an assignment at any Life Flight site as directed by
leadership to insure adequate staffing.
- Provides paramedic level advanced life support until patient
care is relinquished to accepting medical facility.
- Maintains thorough patient care documentation in the electronic
- Practices within the paramedic scope of practice as defined by
Command Physician, or as needed under the written guidelines of the
Emergency Health Services Council Regional Protocols or the
Department of Health Emergency Medical Services ACT.
- Maintains competency in knowledge and psychomotor skills by
participating in ongoing laboratory and clinical experiences.
- Communicates educational needs to Life Flight Program
Coordinator, Operations Director and MD Director.
- Acquires the F-PC credential within one year of hire.
- Sets up sterile trays using aseptic techniques.
- Maintains medical interior of the Life Flight helicopters.
- Assures adequate inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Assures orderly environment in glasshouse and hanger.
- Functions as Flight Crew member and assists the pilot when
- Assists in the Communication center as required.
- Complies with safety standards to assure safety of self,
medical crew members, patient and equipment during all phases of
- Maintains good communication and positive interpersonal
- Participates in patient follow up as stated in guidelines.
- Participates in planned marketing and teaching activities.
- Serves as a role model, teacher and clinical resource.
- Acts as preceptor and participates in orientation of new
employees and students as assigned.
- Acts as liaison.
- Communicates program goals and objectives.
- Participates in staff development and continuing education
- Assists in conducting safety briefings as needed.
- Maintains awareness of current issues related to paramedics
through participation in professional activities.
- Participates in departmental activities, projects and
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities as
- Undertakes and maintains projects as assigned.
- Actively participates in patient safety improvement and
- Participates in required organizational and departmental
patient safety education programs and other activities designed to
improve departmental and organizational patient safety.
- Promptly reports serious events and incidents in accordance
with established hospital policy and procedure.
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable
for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all
organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in
this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the
job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any
department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the
performance of the job related to that position.
EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program- (Required)
ExperienceMinimum of 3 years-Related work experience (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)S.T.A.B.L.E. Certified - The
S.T.A.B.L.E. Program; Neonatal Resuscitation Program Certification
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program; Certified Paramedic - Default
Issuing Body; Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification -
American Heart Association (AHA); Basic Life Support Certification
- Default Issuing Body; Certified Flight Paramedic - Default
Our Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about
caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger
family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone
as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure
colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our
knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the
caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Reading , Flight Paramedic - Sign on Bonus, Healthcare , Madisonburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!