Transfer Team Technician - Nursing Resources
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Job Title: Transfer Team Technician - Nursing Resources
Location: Danville, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Nursing Support Services, Nursing and Nursing
Work Type: Full time
Department: GMC Medical Care Nursing Division
Date Posted: 07/29/2021
Job ID: R-17210
Job Summary Are you looking to begin a career in healthcare or are
you an experienced healthcare professional looking to join a team
of dedicated care providers? Join our Geisinger Nursing Institute
today! Through professional growth, quality improvement and
interdisciplinary collaboration, we've built an innovative culture
that allows our nursing staff to grow their skillset, develop their
practice and leverage their years of experience to build a
rewarding, lasting career with impact.
Job Duties Serves as the Primary Source for Best Practice
techniques in the mobilization of patients. Ensures patient's and
care givers safety at all times. Responsible for planning,
prioritizing, organizing and performing patient lifts or patient
repositioning, utilizing appropriate lifting devices and equipment.
Assumes responsibility for reporting equipment maintenance needs to
Clinical Engineering and monitoring inventory of patient lifting
and transfer equipment, along with maintaining proper hygiene of
equipment on each unit. Assists nurse educators with staff
education and training in use of patient lifting equipment and
appropriate lifting techniques and making specialty chairs
available whenever able and needed. Maintains database or other
documentation of key functions, and daily tasks.
- Serves as the Primary Resource for Best Practice techniques in
the mobilization of patients as the primary source of clinical
education on equipment and techniques when applicable.
- Ensures patient's safety at all times.
- Plans, prioritizes, organizes and performs requests for patient
lifting or repositioning as requested by the assigned nursing staff
or other personnel.
- Provides accurate documentation of daily patient lifting or
repositioning activity on the Patient Transfer and Lift Team work
log and database.
- Identifies appropriate lifting and repositioning technique and
device for each patient.
- Communicates plan to nursing staff for documentation in the
patient's plan of care.
- Maintains visibility on patient care units in order to offer
assistance with patient movement, between calls and scheduled
- Assists nurse educators with training programs for staff
related to lifting techniques and devices.
- Independently assumes role of mentor to nursing staff for the
utilization of all available lifting equipment in an appropriate
and effective manner.
- Educates nursing teams on use of equipment.
- Promotes use of proper body mechanics and technique when
lifting or repositioning patients.
- Maintains listing of all available lifting and repositioning
equipment available and conducts quarterly inventory of
- Maintains cleanliness of the equipment.
- Assesses need for new or additional equipment and assumes
responsibility for testing equipment.
- Responds appropriately in emergency situations.
- Promotes positive image of the Patient Transfer and Lift Team
and the nursing department, through professional conduct,
appearance, and communication.
- Possesses interpersonal skills necessary for communicating
effectively and positively with patients, families, and other care
delivery team members.
- Assumes responsibility for identifying processes or systems
that could potentially lead to errors and adverse events.
- Knows and follows organizational and departmental policies and
procedures applicable to assigned duties.
- Promptly reports serious events and incidents in accordance
with established hospital policy and procedure.Work is typically
performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all
job specific obligations and complying with all organization
policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile
are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical
elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
Additional competencies and skills outlined in any
department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the
performance of the job related to that position.
Position Details Schedule: 8 hour shifts including every other
weekend and holiday rotation.Opportunity to work independently and
as a team transferring patients using specialized equipment.We're
proud to offer:
- $15 minimum hiring rate with increased rates for experienced
- Up to $3/hr shift differentials for evening, nights and weekend
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance and
401k plans that starts day one of employment
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to enhance personal health
and reduce health plan premiums for qualified individuals
- Up to $5000 in tuition reimbursement per year
- $40k in financial support to become a Registered Nurse
- Robust PTO plan in addition to six paid holidays and 32 hours
of personal time per year
- Competitive 401k plan that includes automatic Geisinger
contributions starting day one of employment
- Paid parental leave and military leave
- Fertility and adoption support
- On the job training and education
- Shared governance structure that empowers our nursing support
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated nursing
- Community involvement through our Employee Resource Groups
- Employee referral incentive program Join the Geisinger Family!
Apply now! To learn more about Geisinger opportunities, please
contact Jennifer Craven at .
Education High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)- (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s) Basic Life Support Certification -
Default Issuing Body
Our Purpose & Values OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is
about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our
Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat
everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We
treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We
share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare
the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Reading , Transfer Team Technician - Nursing Resources, Healthcare , Girardville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!