Company: HAMILTON HEALTH CENTER INC
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Medical Assistant - $1,500 Sign-On BonusAll About Hamilton
Health CenterHamilton Health Center (Hamilton), established in
1969, is the only Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) within a
30-mile radius of Harrisburg, PA and continues to grow using a
holistic and comprehensive approach to being patient centered. The
mission of Hamilton is to improve the health of Central
Pennsylvania's residents by delivering high quality, respectful and
patient-centered health and related social services that promote
access, treatment, education, and prevention regardless of health,
economic, or insurance status. Our vision is that every member of
our community, regardless of their ability to pay or their
insurance status, receives holistic, quality health care needed to
create a healthy community. For over 50 years we have been true to
these words. As part of our team, you will work alongside a
dedicated team that cares and values those we serve.Benefits
offered: In addition to your base pay, you are also eligible to
- Paid time off, Catastrophic (CAT)/Sick time, Birthday holiday,
and 7 paid holidays.
- Medical, Dental & Vision,
- Company paid life insurance.
- Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance ProgramLocation: 46 Red Hill Ct, Newport,
PA 17074Job Summary: The Medical Assistant will act as direct
medical support to providers with direct patient care in an
ambulatory care clinic setting, while under the direct supervision
of a physician and/or physician extender and a Clinical Supervisor.
Required to perform various job functions from direct patient care,
medical procedures, proper medication administration, documentation
into Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and administrative support to
providers and department while adhering to standards of care,
following Hamilton Health Center policies, procedures and
protocols.Essential duties and Responsibilities: The Medical
Assistant performs a wide range of duties, including, but not
limited to the following:
- Participate as a Care Team member under the direction of a
medical provider by assisting patients to set goals, monitor
progress and address barriers to achieving goals, identify patient
needs and facilitate in directing them to care coordinator or other
Hamilton services to address those needs
- Provide patients with information and resources that will help
them meet their medical goals and/or medical needs.
- Review the provider's schedule and compile list of patients to
be reviewed at during huddle.
- Review the EMR for patients using the appropriate template for
preparation for team huddle.
- Check each chart for applicable lab test results and/or
diagnostic test results and notify provider of any problems or
concerns. Track and obtain results if not in the system.
- Identify patients with recent ER visits, hospitalization, or
specialist visits; check for/obtain relevant information to support
continuity of care.
- Identify needs for patients with chronic conditions and
facilitate care for patient such as contacting a care coordinator,
advocating for other Hamilton services, soliciting provider to
- Capture accurate medical history, current office visit
information and accurate vital signs including heartrate, blood
pressure, and temperature.
- Document chief complaint and prepare patient for examination
relevant to chief complaint. Enter the chief complaint into the
- Under the direction of the Provider may assist with medical
examinations, to include but not limited to perform routine or
specialized procedures including but not limited to venipuncture,
wound dressings, ear irrigations, setting up sterile fields, and
any procedure that is ordered by Provider while adhering to
standards of within the scope of licensure and quality patient
- Maintain patient and department flow-must be able to assist
with nurse schedule as assigned, be flexible with daily schedule
changes and assist other team members when needed.
- Clean rooms daily and after each patient. Follow protocols for
proper cleaning procedures of all and any re-usable medical
- Maintains adequate stock of medical supplies within each exam
room adhering to proper storage protocols and ensuring compliance
with dates, safety and quality measures outlined by Department and
- Practices safety, environmental, and/or infection control
methods as per protocol.
- Maintain patient confidentiality as mandated by HIPAA, maintain
compliance with OSHA rules and regulations DOH and Joint
- Will assist student interns in specified tasks as directed by
management. Minimum Education/Certifications: High School diploma
or equivalent and completion of an accredited medical assist
program, required. CPR Certified or able to obtain certification
within 6 months of job placement.Minimum Work Experience: Minimum
of one-year experience working in a professional medical,
administrative or physician office setting, preferred.
Knowledgeable in The Joint Commission regulations, preferred.
Bi-lingual, preferred.This job description is a general outline of
duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all
duties performed within the position. All individuals (including
current employees) selected for a position will undergo a
background check appropriate for the position's
Keywords: HAMILTON HEALTH CENTER INC, Reading , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Newport, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...