RN-Registered Nurse Clinical Team Coordinator-Advanced Acute Care Medical
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Job Title: RN-Registered Nurse Clinical Team
Coordinator-Advanced Acute Care MedicalLocation: Danville,
PennsylvaniaJob Category: Inpatient RN - Registered Nurse, Nursing
and Nursing SupportSchedule: Rotation Work Type: Full
timeDepartment: GMC Medical-Surgical Nursing DivisionDate Posted:
02/14/2023Job ID: R-39614Job SummaryGeisinger is proud to offer
this great opportunity in nursing leadership with market leading
pay rates! Also offering a $24K hiring incentive for eligible
candidates!Unit Location: GP2Job DutiesBenefits of working at
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that
starts day one of employment,--
- Three medical plan choices, including options to save with a
flexible spending account (FSA) and--health savings account
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short-term disability, and
- Competitive 401(k) plan that includes automatic Geisinger
contributions starting day one of employment
- PTO plan that allows you to earn more time fast--
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to improve your health and
- Grow your career with up to $5000 in tuition reimbursement per
- Family-friendly support to include adoption assistance, paid
parental leave, paid military leave and a free care.com membership
with discounted backup care for your loved ones.
- The ability to work under a Temporary Practice Permit until you
- Shared governance structure that empowers our nurses
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated nursing
- Community involvement through our Employee Resource
- Employee referral incentive program
- Relocation assistance for eligible candidatesJoin the Geisinger
Family! Apply now! To learn more about Geisinger opportunities,
please contact Courtney Sassaman, Nurse Recruiter, at .Job
DescriptionCoordinates and supervises the delivery of nursing care
and activities on assigned unit. Assists in developing, initiating,
and supporting improvements, on the unit level, that facilitate the
delivery of high quality, safe and cost-effective patient care.
Responsible for ensuring that the highest level of care is
provided, optimizing all customer interactions, to maximize patient
- Provides direct patient care along with providing direct
supervision to assigned personnel, assists with orientation and
integration of new employees.
- Conducts performance appraisals, monitors absenteeism, orders
supplies, scheduling 24 hour staffing, patient and bed triage where
- Assists with addressing performance problems initiating the
disciplinary process as appropriate.
- Communicates pertinent information regarding patient care
activities and operations to appropriate personnel.
- Participates in the formulation of nursing policies and goals
as well as policies affecting other departments.
- Communicates and interprets policies, procedures and
regulations to patients, visitors and staff members, as
- Communicates significant issues on units to Operations Manager
in a timely manner.
- Assists Actively support Magnet philosophies such as a healthy
work environment, professional growth and patient and family
involvement in care decisions.
- Provides feedback to staff or managers for professional
practice issues, facilitates and promotes evidence-based practices
and research activities.
- Serves as a resource for unit issues, mentors staff, delegates
actions as appropriate and creates an environment of
- Ensures that staff meets regulatory requirements.
- Assures effective, efficient and cost-effective use of
physical, financial and human resources.
- Assists with the prevention and resolution of patient and
- Assists the operations manager in making patient focused
service round on assigned unit.
- Follows up on incidents occurring on assigned unit.
- Assures proper documentation and follow-through.Work is
typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable for
satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all
organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in
this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the
job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any
department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the
performance of the job related to that position.Position DetailsGP2
is a 24 bed Medical Surgical Observation Unit designed to provide
high-quality, personalized care to patients who require evaluation
and treatment for a period between 12 to 48 hours.This is a very
dynamic unit which treats conditions such as; syncope, acute kidney
injury, abdominal pain, generalized weakness, chest pain, UTI's,
TIA and COPD.-- The nursing staff on the Medical Observation Unit
work closely with the Physician staff, Care Management and other
departments to closely coordinate the care needs of the
patients.Schedule is .9 FTE (36 hours)/Rotation.EducationBachelor's
Degree-Nursing (Required)ExperienceMinimum of 2 years-Nursing
(Required)Certification(s) and License(s)Basic Life Support
Certification - Default Issuing Body; Licensed Registered Nurse
(Pennsylvania) - RN_State of PennsylvaniaOur Purpose & ValuesOUR
PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our
patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our
communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope
to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who
humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with
the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for
tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to
care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members
and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time
and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and
domestic partners. Perhaps just as important, from senior
management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration,
cooperation and collegiality. We know that a diverse workforce with
unique experiences and backgrounds makes our team stronger. Our
patients, members and community come from a wide variety of
backgrounds, and it takes a diverse workforce to make better health
easier for all. We are proud to be an affirmative action, equal
opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment regardless to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Reading , RN-Registered Nurse Clinical Team Coordinator-Advanced Acute Care Medical, Healthcare , Danville, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...