Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) Per Diem
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Job Title: Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) Per DiemLocation:
Jersey Shore, PennsylvaniaJob Category: Rehabilitation
ServicesSchedule: Per DiemWork Type: Part timeDepartment: JM-GMCM
Rehabilitation DivisionDate Posted: 09/14/2022Job ID: R-32132Job
SummaryResponsible for speech therapy services including evaluation
and treatment of speech and language disorders, swallowing
disorders, and video fluoroscopy swallowing studies. Serves as a
resource for staff in dealing with participants with communication,
speech, and swallowing difficulties.Job Duties
- Assesses participants swallowing, speech and language, and
feeding dysfunction and restorative potential.
- Performs evaluations and assessments within 48 hours of
receiving MD order.
- Performs written or electronic evaluations.
- Determines patient and family needs related to cognition
swallowing, and speech and language function.
- Discusses with patient and family to identify patient goals and
- Develops a comprehensive care plan for each patient.
- Plans and performs therapeutic interventions to restore
function and enhance quality of life to the greatest extent
- Plans individual therapy interventions.
- Establishes priority areas of treatment.
- Provides speech therapy services to restore impaired speech,
language, and swallowing disorders.
- May include treatment program to improve cognition, swallowing
function and correct disorders, improve communication and speech
ability, and correct disorders.
- Establishes suitable and achievable treatment goal, which
contain time frames.
- Provides individual therapy for patients as needed or
prescribed in the care plan.
- Performs the appropriate clinical tests and measurements to
improve function whenever possible.
- Prepares the patient for treatment by explaining the treatment
process and positioning for comfort, safety, and optimal
- Performs appropriate documentation in all areas of care.
- Ensures completeness of documentation of all clinical services
rendered to patients.
- Satisfactorily completes and maintains all discipline specific
- Maintains statistical records as required.
- Determines equipment and supply needs and utilizes budget
resources to obtain.Work is typically performed in a clinical
environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific
obligations and complying with all organization policies and
procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not
intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements
considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional
competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific
orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the
job related to that position.Position Details
- Occasional coverage to Geisinger Muncy as
availableEducationMaster's Degree-Speech Pathology
(Required)ExperienceMinimum of 2 years-Related work experience
(Preferred)Certification(s) and License(s)Certificate of Clinical
Competence - American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA);
Licensed Speech Language Pathologist (Pennsylvania) - State of
PennsylvaniaOur Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we
do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our
Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat
everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We
treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We
share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare
the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Reading , Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) Per Diem, Healthcare , Millmont, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...