Paramedic - Sign on Bonus
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Job Title: Paramedic - Sign on BonusLocation: Muncy,
PennsylvaniaJob Category: Patient Support, Nursing and Nursing
SupportSchedule: Days Work Type: Full timeDepartment: Central
Region Emergency Medical Services TeamDate Posted: 02/13/2023Job
ID: R-43653Job Summary*$7,500 Bonus for those who Qualify* Provides
pre-hospital advanced life support services in accordance with the
Pennsylvania -Emergency Medical Services Act (37-2009) and
consistent with related rules, regulations and regional
- Responds as dispatched within defined geographic coverage area
to enhance community advanced life support services.
- Abides by all Pennsylvania Motor Vehicle Laws.
- Performs patient assessment and obtains historical data;
conveys pertinent findings via two-way communications systems to
appropriate Medical Commander.
- Effects patient care within the scope of practice and in
accordance with regional triage, treatment and transfer
- Assumes control position at scene of pre-hospital patient
encounter; provides appropriate direction to primary response
- Conducts vehicle and equipment survey at onset of assigned tour
and following patient encounters; participates in maintaining
preparedness for response.
- Performs routine equipment and vehicle checks at the change of
each shift and uses proper written documentation.
- Completes written report to detail outcome of each dispatch;
promptly submits report of each patient encounter at both
destination facility and base location.
- Participates in the orientation of newly hired personnel.
- Provides preceptorships as assigned for new personnel, students
accepted from affiliate agency programs and volunteers.
- Shares in housekeeping duties along with other crew
- Responsible for actively participating in patient safety
improvement and management program.
- Assumes responsibility for identifying processes or systems
that could potentially lead to errors and adverse events.
- Knows and follows organizational and departmental policies and
procedures applicable to assigned duties.
- Participates in required organizational and departmental
patient safety education programs and other activities designed to
improve departmental and organizational patient safety.
- Promptly reports serious events and incidents in accordance
with established hospital policy and procedure.
- Responsible for coordination with local Fire and Rescue
personnel in conducting joint Fire and Emergency Medicine Services
operations.Work is typically performed in a clinical environment.
Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and
complying with all organization policies and procedures. The
specific statements in this profile are not intended to be
all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary
to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies and skills
outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered
essential to the performance of the job related to that
position.Position Details*$7500 Bonus for those who
qualify*EducationGraduate from Specialty Training Program-
(Required)Certification(s) and License(s)Basic Life Support
Certification - Default Issuing Body; Certified Emergency Medical
Technician Paramedic - Default Issuing Body; Valid Driver's License
- Default Issuing BodyOur Purpose & ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES:
Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our
students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We
strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for
excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and
brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our
patients, our members, our community, and the nation. SAFETY: We
provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the
Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time and
part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and
domestic partners. Perhaps just as important, from senior
management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration,
cooperation and collegiality. We know that a diverse workforce with
unique experiences and backgrounds makes our team stronger. Our
patients, members and community come from a wide variety of
backgrounds, and it takes a diverse workforce to make better health
easier for all. We are proud to be an affirmative action, equal
opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment regardless to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger, Reading , Paramedic - Sign on Bonus, Healthcare , Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...