Surgical Technologist - Operating Rooms
Company: Geisinger Health System
Location: Zion Grove
Posted on: September 14, 2023
Job Title: Surgical Technologist - Operating Rooms
Location: Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
Job Category: Diagnostic Services
Work Type: Part time
Department: GBH Emergency Medicine & Surgical Services Nursing
Date Posted: 04/05/2023
Job ID: R-35229
Job Summary Geisinger is proud to offer a part time Surgical
Technologist competitive pay rate, up to $5/hr shift differential
for evening, night and weekend shifts and up to $40,000 in
financial support to become a nurse!
Job Duties Benefits of working at Geisinger:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance that
starts day one of employment
- Grow your career with up to $5000 in tuition reimbursement per
- Three medical plan choices, including options to save with a
flexible spending account (FSA) and -health savings account
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short-term disability, and
- Competitive 401(k) plan that includes automatic Geisinger
contributions starting day one of employment
- PTO plan that allows you to earn more time fast -
- MyHealth Rewards wellness program to improve your health and
- Family-friendly support to include adoption assistance, paid
parental leave, paid military leave and a free care.com membership
with discounted backup care for your loved ones.
- Shared governance structure that empowers our Surgical
- Professional opportunities for growth and advancement
- Support and mentorship from a full range of dedicated
- Community involvement through our Employee Resource Groups
- Employee referral incentive program Join the Geisinger Family!
Apply now! To learn more about Geisinger opportunities, please
contact Maggie Lucas at firstname.lastname@example.org. Job Description:
Assists surgeon with procedures related to the care of patient of
all ages during surgical intervention.
- Assists in the coordination of treatments with other
- Provides basic patient assistance.
- Connects patients to clinical equipment as needed.
- Practices aseptic techniques while preparing for surgery
including scrubbing, applying surgical gown, gloving, draping and
setting up instrument table.
- Actively participates in surgical Time and out and OR Briefing
according to the universal protocol.
- Identifies correct surgical site with the circulating RN and
surgeon before incision of operative procedures.
- Maintains an accurate account of supplies including sponges,
needles and instruments.
- Verifies count with the circulating nurse at end of
- Prepares, identifies and verifies all specimens obtained during
the surgical procedure.
- Disposes of linens, needles and sharps in appropriate
- Assesses wounds and applies or changes sterile dressing as
instructed by the RN.
- Maintains and documents universal precautions.
- Initiates emergency procedures.
- Participates in the admission and discharge process.
- Performs billing as appropriate for services rendered or
- Participates in on-call rotations of OR.
- Acts as a preceptor for students assigned to the surgical
- Adheres to all policies, protocols and standards of care.
- Performs quality control monitoring (QA and QI and QE).
- Performs additional duties including specimen collection,
pleure-vac and traction set up, patient transport and post-mortem
- Assures all medications and solutions are labeled, under the
Work is typically performed in a clinical environment. Accountable
for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all
organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in
this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the
job. Additional competencies and skills outlined in any
department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the
performance of the job related to that position. Position Details
Schedule: 7am to 3:30pm Monday through Friday, with rotational
on-call on the weekends and throughout the week. Education Graduate
from Specialty Training Program- (Required)
Our Purpose & Values OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is
about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our
Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat
everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We
treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We
share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare
the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and
better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community,
and the nation. SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our
patients and members and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare
benefits for full time and part time positions from day one,
including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as
important, from senior management on down, we encourage an
atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. We know
that a diverse workforce with unique experiences and backgrounds
makes our team stronger. Our patients, members and community come
from a wide variety of backgrounds, and it takes a diverse
workforce to make better health easier for all. We are proud to be
an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Geisinger Health System, Reading , Surgical Technologist - Operating Rooms, Healthcare , Zion Grove, Pennsylvania
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!